IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

WarFoundry - Call to arms

Postby IBBoard at 18 Apr 2011, 19:26

I just sent this email out to everyone who has posted in the WF forums.

This email is going to everyone who has shown an interest in WarFoundry by posting in our forums. Future mailings will be sent to the WarFoundry mailing list (available at http://warfoundry.co.uk/follow/), but I wanted to get everyone in this initial mailing.

WarFoundry for Windows hit v0.1 a while ago now, and the Linux version will soon have a final v0.1 release. Work is under way on v0.2, albeit slightly slower than planned because of real life. Unfortunately, that also means that the community has quietened down a bit as well.

If you're still interested in WarFoundry and its potential then we'd greatly appreciate any input and contributions that you can make.

If you're a software developer (or even a novice who wants to get started) then the source code is available to download anonymously and I can create new user accounts to allow commit access.

If you're a non-developer then your input is still important. The more scenarios and examples of what people need to be able to do (especially with weird and obscure unit requirements etc) the better we can support everything. The more we can spread the word, the faster we can develop and the better we will be. The more game systems we have users using, the wider our reach.

Hopefully we'll see you back on the forums soon.

Thanks,

IBBoard

I've got 12 days of annual leave coming up (a combination of Easter, the Royal Wedding and May Day do wonders for long periods off work for few days from my allowance!) and will hopefully pick up the pace over those days. If some people can come back to the fold at the same time then all the better :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

snowblizz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Progress to next rank:

61%

Re: WarFoundry - Call to arm

Postby snowblizz at 19 Apr 2011, 09:14

Oh I am still here. Circling around like a shark waiting for someone to fall into the water from that party yacht above...

I haven't been getting much done either and I'm not sure why. :(

Maybe you could post it onto the datafile list as well.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: WarFoundry - Call to arms

Postby IBBoard at 19 Apr 2011, 18:17

Real life seems to have a nasty habit of sucking up your time without letting you know why or where it went. Unfortunately, while we aren't going to outright stop any time soon, we've not got the size and momentum to keep going when a few people waylaid by real life.

Hopefully my Easter holiday will turn things around a little bit :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)