How to Level up a Mage

Psyloke
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

4%

How to Level up a Mage

Postby Psyloke at 27 Nov 2010, 11:01

Hi all, came across WF yesterday night after searching long and heard for a decent army builder and finding the excel files lacking and the demo of AB not worth the asking price. Love the open source WarFoundry idea so well done and keep it up.

Quick question from a total noob: Just installed Fantasy 8th & High Elf files, went in and began creating a 1500pt army; when I got to my mage I couldn't see an option to level him up to level 2. How do I do that? If there isn't an option yet can I manually add the points cost somewhere?

snowblizz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Progress to next rank:

61%

Re: How to Level up a Mage

Postby snowblizz at 27 Nov 2010, 20:17

Select the Lvl1 upgrade and click the replace button.

I must admit this was something I thought might be an issue, but I decided to do this anyway. Limits the amount of options in the tiny option window.

Psyloke
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

4%

Postby Psyloke at 27 Nov 2010, 20:28

Ok just went back and had a look, so basically increasing a level is like replacing equipment. Other than that everything else I've fiddled with so far is self explanatory, so well done!

snowblizz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Progress to next rank:

61%

Postby snowblizz at 27 Nov 2010, 22:03

Psyloke wrote:Ok just went back and had a look, so basically increasing a level is like replacing equipment. Other than that everything else I've fiddled with so far is self explanatory, so well done!

Yup!

Actually anything that costs points is "equipment". We were going to probably change the name to options or something. Because they are not limited to equipment.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 28 Nov 2010, 13:08

Maybe we need to rethink the "equipment" name :D I'm glad it all otherwise worked as you expected (even though half of it is Snowblizz's data as much as the app). Maybe for the v0.2 release - we've probably got a topic around here somewhere about a better phrase, and if not then we can make one.

Hopefully you'll be able to stick around and contribute to make things even better for future releases, even if it is only through end-user testing (which has a value all of its own)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)