IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

More Google Ad Words

Postby IBBoard at 13 Jul 2010, 19:16

It's quite good timing, given that I'm hoping to get the first RCs released soon. I've not used Google Ad Words since the last time I got a voucher, and so they've now sent me another £100 voucher that I've just redeemed. So, time for more suggestions on what to buy as adwords :)

I'll dig through the old ad words and see what performed well last time, but suggestions would be appreciated. Remember, we can't use certain combinations of noun and agent noun, even if they are descriptive of what we do, since other people have trademarked the common English language and threaten us with legal action if we do so ;)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: More Google Ad Words

Postby IBBoard at 05 Dec 2010, 19:47

I just realised I hadn't spent the credit, but it seems that Google haven't taken it away from me :)

We've now got £100 of adwords running with two adverts:
WarFoundry
The cross-platform, open source
alternative to Army Builder

and
WarFoundry
Why not try a new cross-platform,
multi-system army creation app?

Better suggestions will be gladly accepted :)

Oh, and we're only running the adds in Europe so as not to step on the other app's toes in its home country. As far as I know then our ads should be fine (comparisons are allowed in ads these days, even in the UK) but keeping out of the US seems like a reasonable way to show some compromise on not targeting them in any way.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)