Exception because of basePoints attribute

backmarker
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

4%

Exception because of basePoints attribute

Postby backmarker at 05 Jan 2010, 13:31

Ok, so I have built the app and am getting some errors on the xml race file I am using (basePoints instead of points etc). Where can I find the latest version of a sample xml file?

Ok on closer inspection: IBBoard.IO.InvalidFileException: Attribute 'basePoints' of unit with ID Empire1 was not a valid number ---> System.FormatException: Attribute 'basePoints' of unit with ID Empire1 was not a valid number.

Will check it out and see what I can find...

Where is the correct place to report these bugs :

IBBoard.WarFoundry.API.Factories.Xml --> WarFoundryXmlRaceFactory --> Line 144

Format Exception is getting thrown because the attribute basePoints is not present in the xml file. Tried to add basePoints attribute to xml and the race file fell over.

type.BaseUnitCost = XmlTools.GetDoubleValueFromAttribute(elem, "basePoints");

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Want to beta test on Linux or Mac?

Postby IBBoard at 05 Jan 2010, 19:35

I'll split this out in to a new topic, but bugs should be reported on the WarFoundry dev site. The latest sample files should be on the downloads page, or packaged in the latest beta version.

The first error means that either the data file is wrong or that the schema isn't setting a correct default value if you didn't specify a basePoints (which the standard Empire General doesn't). Missing basePoints attributes is the normal situation and the released sample file works for me, so I can only suspect the schema. If you're running code from Subversion then please make sure you're up-to-date.

Also, I'll split this out in to a separate topic, since it isn't a generic "want to test on Linux/Mac?" thing.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)