Problems with Subversion access

snowblizz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Progress to next rank:

61%

Problems with Subversion access

Postby snowblizz at 22 Dec 2009, 20:36

Banging my head against the turtle-shell again. Tried doing what I think I did last time, following our discussion in a previous thread, but I can't get Tortoise to connect to svn://svn.ibboard.co.uk/warfoundry/IBBo ... anslations

Go figure.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Translating WarFoundry

Postby IBBoard at 23 Dec 2009, 10:48

The Subversion location looks correct. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to log anything out when it is running in Daemon mode on the server, so I can't see anything from my end. Was there a particular error? And do you have unrestricted Internet access (i.e. no ports blocked)?
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

snowblizz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Progress to next rank:

61%

Re: Translating WarFoundry

Postby snowblizz at 23 Dec 2009, 13:47

IBBoard wrote:The Subversion location looks correct. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to log anything out when it is running in Daemon mode on the server, so I can't see anything from my end. Was there a particular error? And do you have unrestricted Internet access (i.e. no ports blocked)?

It said something about not being able to connect. I think you might be on to something with the restrictions. I remember last time I was home I was getting OO from torrent and had to take down the firewall. Ironically I'm the one who have configured to block as much of everything as it can. So odds are its that. I'm just surprised since at uni they should be blocking a lot, but it seems they are a lot more open than I thought.
So I think the translations will have to wait till 2010.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Problems with Subversion access

Postby IBBoard at 23 Dec 2009, 20:53

I think that Universities tend to block very little, since they know that some Tech students are going to be using all sorts of weird and wonderful protocols and it is easier that way. Companies are more likely to lock things down (at least in my experience) because they know exactly what protocols they need and don't want anyone using any others.

A message about connection issues does sound like a firewall or similar routing issue, since the server has (AFAIK) been up the whole time.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)