IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: How are people progressing?

Postby IBBoard at 25 Oct 2009, 11:17

Probably Snowblizz - I keep checking Google to see who is linking to us, and any time I see a forum sig link it tends to be him :D

I'm going to have to visit the in-laws later today, and it is my day to look after my son, so work will be minimal. Hopefully I'll be able to get beta 4 out fairly soon as I noticed that the gap between releases has gone from six to ten to nearly 30 days! We've also got quite a few unreleased fixes.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

snowblizz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Progress to next rank:

61%

Postby snowblizz at 25 Oct 2009, 11:43

IBBoard wrote:Probably Snowblizz - I keep checking Google to see who is linking to us, and any time I see a forum sig link it tends to be him :D

I'm going to have to visit the in-laws later today, and it is my day to look after my son, so work will be minimal. Hopefully I'll be able to get beta 4 out fairly soon as I noticed that the gap between releases has gone from six to ten to nearly 30 days! We've also got quite a few unreleased fixes.

Yup, that's gotta be me. I've placed it in almost all my forum sigs. Glad to see it is working. I'm viral. :twisted:

Frostlee
Guardsman
Guardsman
Progress to next rank:

20%

Postby Frostlee at 26 Oct 2009, 20:32

OMG! we need a vaccine vs snowblizz fast! :lol:
actually i think i'll try to spread out the word of Warfoundry as soon as v0.1 will be released, especially on a couple of italian forums (where i suppose snoblizz hasn't already contaminated anyone! :D )

snowblizz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Progress to next rank:

61%

Postby snowblizz at 26 Oct 2009, 21:09

I have met a few Italians on-line already. I think it might be too late for Italy...

Also, IB my man. Hook me up with some SVN logins? Or something? The turtle-thingy wants passwords and stuff.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 30 Oct 2009, 21:01

http://ibboard.co.uk/devlog/notice/252 ;) Unfortunately I've run out of time for tonight, so keep your eyes peeled tomorrow or Sunday :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 09 Nov 2009, 20:28

I'm going to be away for the next couple of days on a work trip to Brussels (up at 5am on Tuesday to drive to the airport to fly to Brussels, arrive around lunch, go straight into a meeting, have another meeting the next day, finish at 3:30pm unless people want to run on until 5:30pm, catch a 9:30pm plane back, get home by about 11:30pm on Wednesday) so I won't be up to much.

On the plus side I'll be working so many extra hours that I get half of Thursday and all of Friday off in lieu (after having had today off as leave :D). On the minus side I'll be leaving the wife with our 17 month old son for two days and he'll be going "daddy, daddy, daddy" wondering where I am, so I'm looking after him for those two days off :) Hopefully I'll get something out next weekend, unless Snowblizz breaks even more stuff...

snowblizz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Progress to next rank:

61%

Postby snowblizz at 09 Nov 2009, 20:59

Oooh, was that a challenge?

Have a good trip man, and spend some time with the family.

Soon enough they grow up and don't want to spend time with you.

At least that's what my parents keep telling me.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 13 Nov 2009, 09:14

I don't think I need to pose it as a challenge ;)

Apparently my son wasn't too bad and generally behaved himself without being too much trouble. I got a few hours wandering around Brussels on both evenings and the second morning, so I managed to take a few photos of some interesting buildings. Now I just get to relax and take time off :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 21 Nov 2009, 16:44

I think there may be enough work done and a stable enough build for another beta tonight, so keep your eyes peeled :)

[edit] I'm getting caught up in fixing some missing translations and running out of time for tonight, so it'll probably be tomorrow now :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 11 Jan 2010, 19:46

I'm going to be away in Brussels on a work trip tomorrow and Wednesday (assuming our flights aren't cancelled and that Birmingham and Brussels are both open for air and other transport!) so I won't be working on WarFoundry for a couple of days again. I do get paid for travel time, though, and can take it off as "time off in lieu", so I should have part of Thursday and all of Friday off instead :) Some of that time will be spent with my family again, but some will be working on WarFoundry and the last push towards v0.1 :) I wouldn't mind the travelling because of the time off if only I didn't have to be away from my family.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 06 Mar 2010, 21:22

Since I've been quiet for a while, I thought I'd post this. Not sure what people think of the new look (and there are other fixes, of course) but hopefully you'll be able to try it out soon :)

snowblizz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Progress to next rank:

61%

Postby snowblizz at 07 Mar 2010, 17:19

Tried to downlaod the latest 512 revision, but it doesn't quite like the project file?
Name can't start with a "<". Is this the issues you mentioned in another thread?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 07 Mar 2010, 19:50

Any details on what or where? The problem with the XML files was a rather verbose error message about "##any" and ambiguity. "Name can't start with a <" sounds like a mangled XML file of some sort (possibly a failed merge - I get them from time to time with Subversion) but everything loads fine at my end. It may be best to throw it in a bug report.

snowblizz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Progress to next rank:

61%

Postby snowblizz at 07 Mar 2010, 22:01

It was opening the IBBoard.Warfoundry.GUI.Winforms.csproj or the other Winforms.csproj. Line 243, I looked in the csproj and it was basically a row with "<<<<<<<<< .mine" ro something like that. Though I might have some kind of versioning conflict though. Got "conflicts" when updating from the SVN, as I've had to modify/convert the csproj for Visual Studio 2008 Express.

Been so long since I made a build I've forgotten how I got it to work last time around.

furrie
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

60%

Postby furrie at 08 Mar 2010, 06:21

From te looks of it, it was a SVN conlifct, if there is a file ending with .r*** where *** is the revision number, remove the .r*** (first delete the .csproj) . Hope it helps.
warhammer fantasy/40K player
the WarFoundry datafile group

PreviousNext