Windows form resizing itself

gregmita
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

14%

Windows form resizing itself

Postby gregmita at 05 Mar 2009, 06:48

Okay, I understand what you mean with the solution.
The resizing problem is very strange - I thought it was my character size (I have mine set to large characters) but exactly the same thing happens with normal sized characters. Just loading the unchanged code shows windows with controls that are out of bounds. here's an example:

BTW, how do you load a system into the Warfoundry app? It starts empty and there appears to be no way of adding a .system file to it.

[[Split from WarFoundry development site to keep the window issues separate]]

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: WarFoundry development site

Postby IBBoard at 05 Mar 2009, 18:58

WarFoundry searches a number of specified data folders for .system and .race files. Eventually they'll be in a preferences section so that people can specify their own, but currently it loads from a folder called "data" within the app directory. There's a couple of simple files in the "testdata" folder of the WarFoundry API tests that you can use for now. Once the app has loaded then you'll probably need to go "File > Change Game System" to pick the game system.

In terms of that weird window resizing, I've never had that occur before. Then again the first things I do with Windows are to get rid of the "Fisher Price blue" interface and reduce the size of the title bar. I'll have a look in a minute and see if I can find anything.

Maybe I still need more information in the Wiki on getting WarFoundry running with data :)

[edit] It looks like something moved your buttons. The form should be 320 by 170 with list being at 80 by 8 with size 216 by 95 and the buttons at 8 by 112 and 192 by 112 and sized 80 by 24 and 104 by 24 respectively. I don't know what would cause it to move things and edit the code, but I've just opened the dialog and read those files without it editing anything.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

gregmita
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

14%

Re: Windows form resizing itself

Postby gregmita at 06 Mar 2009, 18:03

I solved the windows resizing problem. It looks like I was using a theme with oversized menu bars, and that messed up window sizes.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Windows form resizing itself

Postby IBBoard at 06 Mar 2009, 20:58

Menu bar size? Is that one of the advanced options of the theme? It seems odd that menu bar size should cause it, since that dialog doesn't even have a menu bar, but I guess it's not surprising for a Microsoft product to do unexpected things!

At least you've found a solution - maybe something to document in the Wiki in case anyone else encounters it?
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)