IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Initial file specs

Postby IBBoard at 06 Apr 2009, 19:53

Requirements aren't in there yet (they're tickets 33 and 52) but I've had a re-think of my earlier comment about moving requirements up a level. While it made sense at the time, I've recently had a thought about wargear like "master crafting".

Basically, "Master Crafting" needs to be applied to a weapon, and some things like that (e.g. the Orky "More Dakka") only apply to certain weapons (e.g. only guns). The sensible thing is to add a requirement on Master Crafting (or whatever it is) that says "unit must have one of these weapons". If that was moved up a level then it would either move up to the UnitType (which would result in lots of duplication) or up to the Race (which would result in lots of clutter at the Race level), so I think it makes sense to stick with Rollcall's original method and keep requirements at the level of the item (e.g. on the unit).
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Initial file specs

Postby IBBoard at 11 Apr 2009, 17:59

On a related note, I'm writing up a File Formats page on the Wiki. It isn't a detailed look at the specs, but if anyone thinks anything is unclear or needs adding then give me a shout.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Previous