IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

GTK# interface for WarFoundry

Postby IBBoard at 27 Jan 2008, 12:31

There are now screenshots up of the GTK# interface for WarFoundry. The GUI is mainly aimed at Linux users, since GTK is what powers to Gnome desktop on Linux, but there are also ports to Windows.

The underlying code that powers the back-end is still the same API as was used in the older System.Windows.Forms screenshots (native MS Windows), even if it has been greatly overhauled. From a developer's point of view, though, it shows that you can easily attach two different GUIs to the same API and that the API is nicely separate from the GUI implementation.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: GTK# interface for WarFoundry

Postby IBBoard at 24 Feb 2008, 20:34

After having been relegated to second project behind my wife's updated website, I've managed to put some work in to the WarFoundry app again. There will be an update on the website, but I've not quite got a useful screenshot yet.

The new functionality includes a new way of handling system-wide equipment and abilities and a separation of requirements so that equipment can have requirements for being added to a unit (requirements were very "adding units to armies"-centric before).

More on topic for this thread I've started to update the GTK# interface. The list of units now opens a tab in the right hand half of the window. This currently just holds a blank widget, but tomorrow or Tuesday I'll add the correct widget so that the GTK# interface will start showing stats etc.

I've also added functionality to load files, so you should be able to pass a command-line argument to the GTK# app and it will either load a game system (so you can open it and say "start a new instance using this game system") or an army (so you can open it and edit an army without having to go File > Open...).
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 25 Feb 2008, 22:07

Just because it is quicker to post here than on the site, here is a quick taster of the unit editing interface. It still needs some more work and tweaks (the main thing that's annoying me is that the large box is supposed to be the stats box but it is too big) but this is the general interface for the GTK# version of the app.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 28 Feb 2008, 22:32

Okay, the "Unit tab" is now working better. You can edit unit size and unit name, and it also displays the statistics now.

Screenshots are available.