Space Marine Helmets as Trim 1 or Trim 2

Crimson Furies
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

6%

Space Marine Helmets as Trim 1 or Trim 2

Postby Crimson Furies at 28 May 2007, 13:06

I've been looking around for a while at different mods for the army painter. What I'd like to find is a mod that changes the tactical marine's, assult marine's, terminator's and assult terminator's helmets colour, from Primary, to either Trim 1 or Trim 2. If anyone has made a mod like this before or would be able to make one really quickly I would appreciate it if you could help me out. If not, would you be able to tell me how to do it? However, this being the first time that I've ever done anything like this, I would need the explanation dumbed down a LOT!

Can anyone help me out?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Space Marine Helmets as Trim 1 or Trim 2

Postby IBBoard at 28 May 2007, 14:35

What you're talking about isn't a mod, it's a skin/texture.

The "Halved Marine with changeable helmet" may do what you want, as long as the primary and secondary colours are the same. Other than that, Heru Talon had made his own version that he'd hosted temporarily when someone asked for it. It uses Secondary for the helmet rather than Trim 1/2 but it's basically what you need.

If you want to do it yourself, we've got a Skinning tutorials section on Skins@HWT. Most people new to skinning find Sandwichwarriors' "Skinning 4 Dummies" quite useful. He wrote it after he first started skinning, so it's from a beginner's point of view.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Crimson Furies
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

6%

Postby Crimson Furies at 29 May 2007, 13:17

I tried Heru Talon's version, and downloaded his scheme and the pattern switcher, but i couldn't get the pattern switcher working or open his colour scheme... is there a simpler way of doing it?

This is the colour scheme I would like(using the un-altered army painter)...

Primary(body armour): Red 95 Green 0 Blue 15 - Maroon
Secondary(shoulders): Red 95 Green 0 Blue 15 - Maroon
Trim 1(knee, crest, etc.): Red 255 Green 255 Blue 255 - White
Weapon(bolter): Red 15 Green 15 Blue 45 - Navy Blue
Trim 2(shoulder badge): Red 255 Green 255 Blue 255 - White
with...(custom skin/extra)
Helmet Red 255 Green 255 Blue 255 - White

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 29 May 2007, 19:09

You don't need to use Heru Talon's colour scheme, that's just an extra for those who want to have exactly what he has. If you do want to open a .teamcolour file then just open it with Notepad. If you don't know what you're doing then it may not necessarily mean much to you, though.

With your own colour scheme, I'd recommend just using the standard Army Painter. All of those colours can be set without a problem by selecting the colours from the picker and tweaking the values with the up and down buttons.

As for the Pattern Switcher, what problems did you have? What error message did you get? And did you check your spelling? (A lot of people have said the Space Marines aren't working but they didn't get the folder name correct).
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Crimson Furies
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

6%

Postby Crimson Furies at 30 May 2007, 12:22

I know that most of that colour scheme can be achieved through the standard army painter, and, at the moment, I have that colour scheme only without the different coloured head.

The error message with the Pattern Switcher is:

Microsoft .NET Framework

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immeadiately.
Could not load file or assembly 'IBBoard, Version=1.0.2590.24094, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
The system cannot find the file specified.

Details

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'IBBoard, Version=1.0.2590.24094, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'IBBoard, Version=1.0.2590.24094, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at IBBoard.Relic.PatternSwitcher.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
PatternSwitcher
Assembly Version: 2.1.1.24095
Win32 Version: 2.1.1.24095
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/THQ/Dawn%20of%20War%20-%20Dark%20Crusade/Patterns/Space_marines/PatternSwitcher.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Continue / Quit

I don't know if this is any help... If I hit continue, the Pattern switcher will load but there will be no options in the Space Marines, Chaos, Eldar, etc, tabs. Also, the 'Import', 'Import and Merge', 'Remove Imported' and 'Save Loaded Patterns' buttons are faded out.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 30 May 2007, 18:07

Could not load file or assembly 'IBBoard, Version=1.0.2590.24094, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

That's the problem, and it's a big problem so not much will load. Basically it means there should be a DLL called IBBoard.dll, but that it either isn't or that it can't read it for some reason (such as permissions). I normally recommend extracting the Pattern Switcher into the root Dawn of War directory, but that shouldn't make a difference.

As for Heru Talon's 'scheme', you were confusing me because a scheme is a colour scheme (a set of colours, a badge and a banner) and what the Pattern Switcher uses are called patterns, textures or skins.

[edit] Also, I've put your debug message in a [quote] tag so that when I get the styles updated it won't overflow the edge of the page.