IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Compiling specularity/reflection textures

Postby IBBoard at 06 Apr 2007, 08:05

Radulykan just sent me a PM with the following request. Since other people may want to know the same thing, I'll post it here in public:

Radulykan wrote:I need a little help please :) with compiling my specular rsh for the prometheus,when I try to combine _reflection dds ,land_raider_prometheus_chasis_1 and land_raider_prometheus_chasis_1_spec into one individual rsh it compiles them as seperate rsh files? I am using the current version of your WTP Texture tool,Anyways I hate to bother you with this but its realy frustrating me :(

My response:

IBBoard wrote:As you found, selecting an image tells the Texture Tool to compile it into a texture file. This is the same across all image types and allows for simple mass texture creation.

If you want to add additional maps then just select the base image (chasis_1) and then the texture tool will ask if you want to add additional maps. Say yes and you can then select the spec and reflection maps and put them in the right slots (the tool may get the slots wrong as it doesn't check file names as it can't guarantee a convention has been followed) and you've got the additional maps.

I'll also add this to the forums so that it's available for anyone else who is having the same problems.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Radulykan
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

16%

RE: Compiling specularity/reflection textures

Postby Radulykan at 06 Apr 2007, 19:34

Thank you very much IBB :D ,That helped solve it 8) ,Later have a good one and I will talk to you soon :) .