IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Halved Marines for DC

Postby IBBoard at 20 Mar 2007, 20:14

Today was going to be the day that I released the beta version to the beta testers, but Buggo (the community rep on the Relic Forums) has already released the v1.2 LUAs within a day of the release of the game patch!

For those who don't know, LUAs are the data files that contain the stats of the units. Previously we've had to wait a month or more before we got patched LUA files (IIRC the 1.3 files came out not long before 1.4 was released as a patch).

What this means is that I'm going to delay the release of the beta version until the weekend, by which time I'll have had a chance to re-work the Halved Marines to the new 1.2 changes and balance.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 22 Mar 2007, 19:54

A quick half hour of hacking in the important changes from the latest 1.2 LUAs (based on the diff file I whipped up) and the v1.2 balanced should be about ready for burning :)

Unfortunately I've been making the changes in a text editor don't have the time to wait for the AE to load up at the moment, but I should have it to the beta testers (three of them now) this weekend :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 Mar 2007, 16:48

The Halved Marines Mod is now ready to be sent off to the beta testers :)

The mod includes a few minor changes of textures over the existing texture pack, but I'll let the beta testers find out about those before I announce them :)

LordShenlong
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

8%

Postby LordShenlong at 11 May 2007, 05:35

played with this mod today, bloody wicked!

i have a question tho, will the quartered mod be separate or built into this one? (so ye can have more than one type of patterned army)

if not, has anyone suggested doing so? and adding/making others? (like the recent mortificators/whitepanthers style pattern)

please don't hit me if people have asked before or suggested them before, its late at the moment and i didn't have time to read everything ;D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 11 May 2007, 09:30

As with the last release, the Quartered Marines will be a separate mod that adds a separate race. This time, though, I've made things modular enough that it should hopefully be a really small task to make a little 'glue' mod that allows you to run both at once and have three types of Marine running around the place :)

Mortificators and White Panthers aren't likely to be made by me, but if someone else wants to make them then I'll host it.

And people have suggested it before. I'm not sure which topics, but people have asked a few times at various forums about the release of a Quartered version and combining them into a single mod ;)

LordShenlong
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

8%

Postby LordShenlong at 11 May 2007, 13:08

someone has released a panthers skin, spectre716 on dowfiles

http://dawnofwar.filefront.com/file/Mor ... Skin;76914 - looks good

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 11 May 2007, 13:43

I know - see the Mortificators-style texture download page for our hosting of it (without adverts ;) ) It'd still need someone to create the mod before I hosted it as a separate race though, as it's taken me long enough to get a mod of my own creation made and released!

[edit] Also, there's a patch now available for the Halved Marines Mod AI.

LordShenlong
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

8%

Postby LordShenlong at 16 May 2007, 02:22

i've noticed some things, the ai doesn't seem to do normal things if its the halved army, one had an army full of scouts and one just amassed an army in its base. dunno if thats normal or anything tho lol ;D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 16 May 2007, 07:06

I'll have to investigate, but the AI should be identical to that of the vanilla Space Marines, which should also be identical to that of the original Dark Crusade AI.

What difficulty were you playing on? And which map?

LordShenlong
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

8%

Postby LordShenlong at 17 May 2007, 01:19

easy on kasyr lutien, it seems to possibly be just that map, others were ok, maybe its just the easy setting hee ;D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 17 May 2007, 07:18

Yeah, Easy AI can be somewhat poor, and I know there's one or two maps that people have complained about the AI having pathing difficulties on and not doing much. Still, when I get a chance (possibly the weekend) then I'll take a look at it.

Previous