IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

SGA Explorer

Postby IBBoard at 21 Jan 2007, 12:30

Before you start changing textures, you need to extract them from Relic's SGA files. There are a few tools for extracting SGA files, one of which is my SGA Explorer. The Explorer has been out for a while, but I'm now putting a bit more work into it.

The most important change for DoW skinners will be that the SGA Explorer will have a "extract type" option where you can extract (for example) all WTP files from a folder and all sub-folders.

It's currently possible to extract just one type of file by using the 'Detail' view and then ordering by type and then selecting the now continuous list of files of the type, but it doesn't do it for sub-folders and it's not as user friendly (I think some people haven't noticed the functionality).

The other addition is going to be CoH (Company of Heroes) SGA support. DoW SGAs are v2, where as CoH uses v4 SGAs. There's a few changes in there that I've now got working, and files will all extract correctly (even from a 1.5GB SGA that came with the demo!), but there's still some data in there that I don't know what it is.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: SGA Explorer

Postby IBBoard at 21 Jan 2007, 14:28

Extraction is now working for v4 SGA files, even though not all data has been identified. It seems to need a speed up when it comes to extracting lots of little files (~10 minutes for ~275MB made up of ~5500 files on a Athlon64 3500+), but extraction works without errors if you leave it.

Next up is an interface to the "Extract Type" functionality.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

colinbun
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

4%

fda file format?

Postby colinbun at 09 May 2007, 09:09

I want to use the excellent SGA Explorer tool to extract sounds. I notice the sounds are in an .fda file format. I thought that was for Adobe Acrobat? Anyway, any ideas which program I can play and convert the sounds in?

Cheers,
Colin

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: SGA Explorer

Postby IBBoard at 10 May 2007, 07:11

Google: convert dawn of war fda - try the top result.

The first steps can be done with the SGA Explorer rather than SpookyRAT. That's just the option that the original poster chose.

colinbun
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

4%

Jesus!

Postby colinbun at 10 May 2007, 15:35

Well, nobody said it was going to be easy!

Thanks for this.

Cheers,
Colin