IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

IChunkyViewer turns Editor

Postby IBBoard at 16 Jan 2007, 08:36

Just a quick preview announcement for site members: The IChunkyViewer (my 'intelligent' Chunky Viewer for viewing the data within Relic's 'Chunky' files) will soon be released as an editor and basic validator :)

So far I've added Chunky Export, Chunk Import (child and sibling), Chunky Delete and Validation functionality (basic checks to make sure the structure matches the required structure of a given file format). I'll be finishing up the validation and adding chunk rearranging ASAP and then releasing the IChunkyViewer :) The Validation is also extensible, so anyone can add their own file format validators.

After that I'll add more 'intelligence' on the chunks that the program recognises and formats data for (rather than just outputting the raw data) and hopefully support multi-structure files like the REC files.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: IChunkyViewer turns Editor

Postby IBBoard at 20 Jan 2007, 16:56

As a brief update, the IChunky Viewer now has a working validator :) I've now tested it for RSH files and it seems to work okay. I'll now create a validator for WTP and RTX files and then release the latest version with its collection of changes.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: IChunkyViewer turns Editor

Postby IBBoard at 20 Jan 2007, 20:39

The updates to the IChunky Viewer are now complete and IChunky Viewer v1.1 has now been released. There's quite a few new additions (detailed on the download page) but the main ones are exporting/importing/deleting chunks and validating file formats :)