WTP files

dale.reeves

WTP files

Postby dale.reeves at 26 Nov 2006, 03:45

can anyone help me? first what is a WTP file? second what program can i use to look at/read a WTP file?

how do i change rules/ properties of units in the game? plz plz plz help me.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: WTP files

Postby IBBoard at 26 Nov 2006, 08:57

Firstly, we have a Dawn of War Skinning forum. I'll move this thread there in a minute.

Taken from our Dawn of War Introduction:

Finally (for those of you who don't have a few thousand to spare for 3DStudioMax and the like) there are .WTP files - the patterns and team colouring files. These files control what colours can always be seen and which colours in the army painter apply to where. A few changes in these files and your standard Space Marine can become an authentic Angel of Redemption complete with trademark halved armour!

Several of the other DoW Tutorials also make mention of WTPs being patterns/textures. WTPs are the team colourable ones, RSH files are the 'fall back' texture if there isn't a WTP (and they're fixed colour) and RTX files are fixed colour replacements for WTPs that are used either in campaigns or when team colouring is disabled.

To extract WTP files into TGAs you need something like my Dawn of War Texture Tool and some art program capable of editing 32-bit TGA files with alpha transparency.

As for changing stats, I know a little of it but I've not done huge in-depth mods. You can ask specifics here, but I'd recommend Relic Forums Current modding information and Dark Crusade LUA threads (assuming you're running Dark Crusade).

Hope that helps.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)