Loincloths on Space Marines

specter007
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

6%

RE: Loincloths on Space Marines

Postby specter007 at 24 Nov 2006, 02:06

Hey I am very new to all of this but I do have a question that I hope you can answer. I was wondering how you can get the loincloth ( i.e. http://dawnofwar.filefront.com/potd/60722 ) onto regular space marines for Dark Crusade. Now I do have the mod tools although I don't know how to use them properly. If there is a tutorial or something about this kind of thing could you guys please help me out? Another question I had is how do you get a helmet for the force commander for dark crusade. Thanks guys! I hope I'm not asking too much of you but I could really do with some help.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Loincloths on Space Marines

Postby IBBoard at 24 Nov 2006, 08:20

Unfortunately neither of those is a skinning issue. Both of them add new equipment/parts to the model, so they're 3D modelling issues. If you read the comments on the Pic of the Day then the models are actually from the Dawn of War Rebirth mod. The helmeted Force Commander (or the DoW/WA one at least) that Telboy uses in his Lamenters Mod is from the Closer to Codex mod.

I've never modelled myself (don't have the $3000+ lying around to pay for 3DSMax!) but the general way to add additional detail to a model is to use Santos' Tools to convert the existing model back to a 3DSMax model, edit the model in 3DSMax, re-rig and re-export the model, put it back through the official Object Editor and put it back in game.

Since this is more of a modelling issue that I don't know about, I'd recommend asking at Relic News Forums.

Sorry I can't help more, but textures and file formats are my thing :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)