Eldar Guardian skin.

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Eldar Guardian skin.

Postby MadMaffMan at 25 Nov 2006, 13:15

After looking at the new Eldar Craftworld guardian schemes on the GW website i started messing around trying to copy it.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/eldar/craf ... ardians/1/

I have started sorting out the colour layers but they still look a little boring, do the Eldar use any icons or litanies or any sorts of markings on their armour. :?:

"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Eldar Guardian skin.

Postby IBBoard at 25 Nov 2006, 13:32

None I know of, as the Eldar are normally about being sleek and stylish. Litanies just aren't their thing.

I've already made a Codex Craftworld Eldar skin a while ago, but looking at that page GW have brought in some slightly different schemes (like Il-Kaithe) that wouldn't quite fit it. Typical :D

Oh well, have fun working on the Eldar :) your BT skin should be up shortly
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 25 Nov 2006, 13:58

This is just something i'm working on for myself and a friend really, have to say that seeing the Guardians without that horrid trim effect that the vanilla skins have is a treat. :wink:

My friend wondered if it's possible to give the armour a gloss effect, how would i go about that using PS6. :?: I don't think he means specular, still not certain what that means, just polished. I thought maybe the dirt layer could be thined out a little so they look just grimmy.
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 25 Nov 2006, 14:10

Surely gloss is specularity, just to a lesser extent? Gloss paints are the shiny ones, so other than specularity the only other thing I can think of is making the colour layers smoother. Some bits of it look a little blocky and pixelated. If you managed to smooth that out to a more steady gradient then it might look more glossy :)

If you want to release it once you're done, I'm sure there'll be lots of people who'd prefer a Codex style skin :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)