WTP texture tool 1.5 question.

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

WTP texture tool 1.5 question.

Postby MadMaffMan at 17 Nov 2006, 03:33

Every time i recompile a WTP file the badge layer is missing, now it's very late as i write this, 3.30 AM, so i may be doing something dumb but do i need to do anything special to get badges to be included in the WTP. :?:

I just tried it with Berocs tool and the badges came out OK. :?

Just thought i should let you now.
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: WTP texture tool 1.5 question.

Postby IBBoard at 17 Nov 2006, 08:42

Hmmmmmmm, I'll try to take a quick look at that tonight. Hope I didn't end up messing something up :\

[edit] Nope, just checked it now and it seems to compile okay. I've not tested it in-game, but the data file appears correct. I was slightly worried I'd broken something when I re-worked the back end. I tested things out to check it didn't throw errors but I'd just restructured things rather than re-written them so it didn't get too thorough a test :D

Hope you can work out what the problem is. If not drop me a PM or email the files to me (I think you have my email - it's the website name in full as an email with the "at" in the middle as the "@" in the address)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 18 Nov 2006, 12:16

Correction, there is a bug in the tool (caused by my change in the way that I handle the data inside Relic's Chunky File chunks). Basically it was writing the badge/banner position out incorrectly and putting it in the bottom left (because it interpreted the number as 0.0004... or something, which it rounded to 0).

If you had white on the _dirt layer then it would disappear, but MEGAzogg didn't have white there and told me it was showing the the bottom left all the time, which made me twig. I'll be posting v1.5.1 soon.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 18 Nov 2006, 13:15

I've already downloaded the new version and will be using it today. :D

I'm glad you fixed it without too much trouble, thought for a moment there that i'd gone senile in my old age. :wink:

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 18 Nov 2006, 15:03

Yep it's A-OK now. :wink:

Now the badge is the correct size.... :D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 18 Nov 2006, 16:01

Edit button people :D I guess it's two hours with your posts, but that's still fairly short for the frequency of people checking this place.

As for the badge being the right size - do you mean it's just working correctly, or compared to Beroc's old tool that needed resized textures? I thought you'd been around when I released the first working texture tool with correct non-square compilation!

Looking at the screenie, I wondered whether you didn't have the fullres_teamcolours enabled or something, but I think it might just be the poor quality Scout textures that Relic made :D