Pattern Switcher 2.0 problems

MASTERatARMS

RE: Pattern Switcher 2.0 problems

Postby MASTERatARMS at 16 Nov 2006, 04:45

It took me a while when I first downloaded the original Pattern Switcher. So I hope this helps......
Once you create a folder inside your pattern folder, i.e. space_marines, you go into that folder and create another folder like "Halfed". You then put your downloaded skins (wtp files) for the halfed marines into that "Halfed" folder. when you run the switcher you should see the "Halfed" folder and you click import. It should then import the pattern files from the "Halfed" folder into that races tab.
Im still having a hard time with the brand new version of the switcher. I got the folders made and the tabs work and import for Tau and Necrons, but I can't get the patterns to work in the game :?
Anyone got the new version of the switcher for dark crusade working? As I said, I have the new races for dark crusade in the switcher but cant get the switcher to even recognize dark crusade. I went into configure and adjusted it per the readme files instructions, but no dice. I can see the imported files in the switcher, but cant get them to load into dark crusade. Any suggestions?

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 16 Nov 2006, 09:56

You have to click the mode button below the file path section to 'Dark Crusade' then click Save again, i had that happen because i only clicked save for 'Dawn Of War' mode thinking it would also save the file path for DC.

Hope this helps.
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 16 Nov 2006, 13:28

You shouldn't have to save twice - the mode just changes which of the paths it copies the files to (the DoW path or the DC path).

If the Pattern Switcher's not recognising DC (i.e. the button stays grey) then your DC path is incorrect.

Just to try to clarify, each game has a game path and a pattern path. The game path is the installation directory of the game (e.g. c:\program files\thq\dawn of war\ or c:\program files\thq\dawn of war - dark crusade\) and the pattern path is the location of the patterns (which can be any folder, but by default is the Patterns folder under the game's installation directory).

If you want to share patterns between the two games then it's the Pattern Paths that need to match (although that'll only let you import from a single source - skins imported in to one aren't automatically imported into the other as well)

Hope that helps

*Splitting to a new topic, since the previous page seems to be Mod related*
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MASTERatARMS

Postby MASTERatARMS at 17 Nov 2006, 03:15

WHEW................ :lol:

You guys are the best. It's up and functioning like its supposed to. It looks like I had the Game Path and the Pattern Path in the wrong case. I went in to my program files and designated them by clicking the folders and that failed to work. I then typed them in with all lower case lettering and........BOOM.......it recognized my DC and everything went smooth. Thanks again for your help :D .

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 17 Nov 2006, 08:39

Case shouldn't make a difference - Windows doesn't recognise different case as being different files/folders, so the app won't either. I'll have to see if there is an oddity in the browser selection.

[edit] Ahah! Just tried it out and I've found the oddity that might have stopped the "browse" button working properly :) When you leave a text box it automatically checks the end of the path for a slash. If there isn't one then it doesn't add it. The rest of the app then expects there to be a slash at the end of the path. Problem is that the browse buttons put in paths without slashes, so the app ends up checking for "c:\program files\thq\dawn of warw40k.exe" instead of "c:\program files\thq\dawn of war\w40k.exe" and can't find it.

It's only a minor issue (click in the box and click out of it and it fixes it) so I'll do a fix and 2.0.1 release tomorrow morning.

Sorry about that :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MASTERatARMS

Postby MASTERatARMS at 18 Nov 2006, 22:33

No problem. I'm glad I was able to get it running. I know you create skins and B & B sets. I posted a request with Hanger-8 on his forum for a B & B set. It would require a new skin too mostly just the black on the legs and hands, with the white on the face mask, if your interested here's the photo......Image

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 19 Nov 2006, 18:44

We've got a texture request thread. Post the request in there and I'll list it on the first post of the thread for whoever wants to take it. It wouldn't work quite as well as the image, though, because they're Mk7 Marines instead of the Mk6 in the picture.

I'm not sure whether there'd be issues with a Star Foxes skin, though, because someone on the FileFront forums (which I used to visit when I had more time and enough tolerance for people who wouldn't put in the effort to learn from what they were told) came up with a very similar idea for a chapter in a mod and the original creator got a little touchy.

MASTERatARMS

Postby MASTERatARMS at 19 Nov 2006, 22:23

Sounds good. I'll wait to post a skins request until I found out if a B & B set is gonna be made :) .