Lamenters/C2C Force Commander in Dark Crusade?

Brother Anak

A question:

Postby Brother Anak at 05 Nov 2006, 09:13

I'm not sure if I'm right here. I would like to aks if someone could tell me how to get the ForceCommander Skin out of Telboy007's Lamenters Mod working in Dark Crusade?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Lamenters/C2C Force Commander in Dark Crusade?

Postby IBBoard at 05 Nov 2006, 09:54

Firstly, you'd probably have to ask Telboy for permission (although it's a Closer2Codex model, I think, so it's probably not his work)

Secondly, most of that FC is a model, not a skin, so you could extract it and move it to DC, but then DC might get confused because it doesn't have all of the additional equipment. At the least it'd end up showing the wrong weapons and not showing the new upgrades.

I'll see if I can get anything tried once I get my copy of DC, although you may be best emailing Telboy himself.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Brother Anak

Postby Brother Anak at 05 Nov 2006, 14:40

I don't care for the weapons if the game does not show pink boxes (:( )...

I don't know how to ask Telboy for permission, and I don't know how to extract the files. But if it's a ClosertoCodex Model, then I could download it from relicforums. I did so, but I can't use the fieles. PLEASE TELL ME HOW :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 05 Nov 2006, 17:05

Sorry, that's something you'd have to ask the Closer2Codex people - it's their model so they'll know how to put it into the game.

As for what it'd do when it doesn't have the model parts it expects, I just made a guess. It may actually end up showing a guy running around with no weapons because it has disabled (and hidden) the existing weapon and then tried to show the non-existant weapon.

You never know, the C2C guys might be making a DC re-work of him at some point.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)