Combining UberPainter and the Lamenters?

Brother Anak

Question:

Postby Brother Anak at 30 Aug 2006, 16:08

O.K. first I have to excuse my bad english, cause I'm a German.
I just wanted to ask how I can run Telboy007's Lamenters Mod alongside the Uber Painter Mod of IBBoard.
And I wanted to ask If it is possible to run the "Lamenters" (with Veterans, Force Commander skin, etc.) alongside normal Space Marines?
Please help me :(

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Combining UberPainter and the Lamenters?

Postby IBBoard at 30 Aug 2006, 18:14

It should be possible to merge the mods, but all of the Lamenters colouring would still be campaign only - you wouldn't be able to see it in the Army Painter.

It should be as simple as creating a combined .module file that references the folder of one Mod and then 'requires' the other. Unfortunately, a couple of quick tests haven't worked and I've got several other tasks that have been stacking up (quite a list of downloads to approve!).

If someone else doesn't have an answer for you before then, I'll try to get a working .module file by the end of the week.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Brother Anak

Postby Brother Anak at 01 Sep 2006, 17:57

I'm again very sorry, (and happy) but I did it myself. I don't know how, but it is working. :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 01 Sep 2006, 18:20

Any chance you can post the content of the .module file? :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Brother Anak

Postby Brother Anak at 02 Sep 2006, 08:52

I don't konw how. :?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 02 Sep 2006, 13:35

Open it in Notepad (or similar) copy the content and paste it into a new message. That is assuming you've done it as combined modules rather than copying and pasting the files between modules (which works, but breaks online compatability, and can result in overridden files)

Brother Anak

Postby Brother Anak at 02 Sep 2006, 16:10

Oh, I've just put the files together. I do not play online much, so I did not recognice if it is working...

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 02 Sep 2006, 16:44

You can still play online, just not with the newly modified Mod running. That means if you want to combine, for example, Steel Legion and the UberPainter then you can do it by copying files to the Steel Legion folder, but you can't then play the Steel Legion mod online afterwards as it will fail when it compares data (to ensure the game will synchronise properly)