Making new colour schemes for the campaign

despiar26

RE: Making new colour schemes for the campaign

Postby despiar26 at 28 Aug 2006, 12:19

Hello guys, i'm new to this forums.

I wanted to know if it's in any way possible to get the Ultramarines in the singleplayer campaign instead of the Blood Ravens.

I tried editing the Blood Raven paint scheme to match the Ultramarines but that doesn't change the colors in the campaign, only in the skirmishes.

Any help would be appreciated .

I have DoW 1.4.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 28 Aug 2006, 12:42

The original campaign uses RSH files for the textures (hence why some of the details are slightly different colours etc - it doesn't use the .teamcolour and the WTP like the skirmish does)

In brief, to make the Marines in the DoW Campaign use an alternate colour scheme you need to do the following (using the Texture Tool):

Extract all of the WTP files from the "w40k\w40k-textureshared-full.sga" file using an SGA tool of your choice (SpookyRAT, Corsix's SGA Reader, the official Mod Packager or SGA Explorer)
Set up the options in the Texture Tool to use the colours/badges/banners of your choice (for existing DoW armies this may involve extracting the badge, banner and .teamcolour file)
Use the 'Compile TGA' option and select all of the Marine WTPs
Mass-convert the TGAs to DDS files (either with the experimental functionality in the tool or through another tool or art program) - must be DXT1 or DXT5
Rename all of the new DDS files to remove the "_default" section from the name
Use the 'Make RSH' button and mass-create a new set of RSH files for the Marines.

Hope that helps and makes sense :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

despiar26

Postby despiar26 at 28 Aug 2006, 12:59

Isn't there a place where i can download the files already changed?

This is quite complicated :( .

despiar26

Postby despiar26 at 28 Aug 2006, 13:26

I dont understand it, i'll never get it right :(.

despiar26

Postby despiar26 at 28 Aug 2006, 20:56

After 4 tries i finally done it, but the Sacred Artifact is still red...

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 29 Aug 2006, 11:38

You could download them from somewhere, but only if someone else had made them first. Since the campaign speech/text references chapters by name, most people don't bother. If you want to make your new pack available to others, I'll gladly host it.

Telboy made the Lamenters Mod to change the texture and the text (plus some other bits that made it a Mod) but he left the voices with the wrong chapter name.

As for the Sacred Artifact - have you got the RSH file for it? And did it have a WTP? If it doesn't have a WTP (which would be strange) then you can edit the RSH instead, and if the RSH isn't named correctly then it'll not load it. Since it's showing up red it means that either the RSH isn't being overriden or you haven't changed it (a broken RSH would turn up bright pink).

Hope that helps, and if you need any more pointers just ask.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

despiar26

Postby despiar26 at 29 Aug 2006, 14:21

I would like my files to be hosted, but then i need to fix this Sacred Artifact first. I also need to find the best badge and banner for the Ultramarines because i downloaded some from a website but i don't know if these are the right ones, perhaps you know a place where i can download them. (i cant find the teamcolor thing for the Ultramarines)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 29 Aug 2006, 18:07

If you want the best quality badges and banners then you're normally best off checking out Hangar-8's work. If you use anyone else's badges/banners/teamcolours/textures you'd need to ask their permission, though, and include credit in a readme.

As for the .teamcolour file, you need to look in the W40k\W40kdata.sga file. It's in the data\art\team_colours\space_marine_race folder.

I'll help where I can with the Sacred Artifact, but I'd need a bit more info (answers to the questions above would be useful)

despiar26

Postby despiar26 at 29 Aug 2006, 18:17

I cant find anything of the Sacred Artifact... No RSH, no WTP, no nothing... Pretty strange...

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 29 Aug 2006, 18:24

The Sacred Artifact is, I believe, textured using Progentemp.rsh/Progentemp_default.wtp. I don't have a clue why they named it differently to the building, but that looks like the texture. Would have been instantly solvable if you'd said you couldn't find the RSH for it :D

despiar26

Postby despiar26 at 29 Aug 2006, 18:31

It's still strange that it didnt go with the rest, i selected all of the things to convert and stuff but somehow this one didnt go...

I'll try doing all the converting and stuff later.