How to change the colours of the Eldar Avatar?

hivetyrant765

RE: How to change the colours of the Eldar Avatar?

Postby hivetyrant765 at 07 May 2006, 17:03

um.........
i would like to make a new skin for the eldar avatar, but i cant figure it out.
could someone please send me a totorial / walkthrough of how to do it?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 07 May 2006, 17:14

Have you tried Sandwichwarrior's Skinning 4 Dummies tutorial and (since the Avatar isn't currently teamcolourable that I know of) my Making non-team colourable areas teamcolourable tutorial?

Making an entirely fixed-colour texture teamcolourable will involve a bit more work than just adding a team colourable area to an existing team colourable texture, but the idea is still the same.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

hivetyrant765

Postby hivetyrant765 at 07 May 2006, 21:15

i want to make it a different color, but have the colors fixed, not team colorable.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 08 May 2006, 08:52

In that case you need to download the Dawn of War Texture Tool, extract the RSH file for the Avatar, open the DDS file, recolour it and then re-make the RSH file.

Getting at the RSH file is explained in some of the tutorials. To open the DDS file you'll need a plugin for Photoshop from nVidia, or there's some standalone tools that convert to other formats for you (so you could convert it to a TGA and use Paintshop Pro if there isn't a Paintshop Pro plugin and then convert it back before you recompile)

Hope that makes sense.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)