Help 4 a poor noob!

loki00

Help 4 a poor noob!

Postby loki00 at 01 Apr 2006, 11:29

Yes, im a a newbie to modding. Maybe a dumb question but is it possible to use 2 different textures for 2 different chapter of space marine. What i mean is i want to use a texture for the Blood Angels chapter and a completely different texture for the Black Templar chapter.
At the moment i have the Black Templar texture which is WTP format in the texture_share folder as below

W40k>Data>art>ebps>races>space_marines>texture_share>space_marine_unit_default.wtp

But when it is in the texture_share folder every single space marine has the same texture, blood angles, ultra marines etc which i dont want. I just want this texture given to the Black Templars.

Ive tried to explain best i can, hope u understand.
Id really appreciate help with this, thanx!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Help 4 a poor noob!

Postby IBBoard at 01 Apr 2006, 19:23

Just spotted your post over at Relic Forums as well and posted there (it tends to be busier, so I check their first in my rounds of the forums!). In case you check here first, here's what I said:

Yes it's possible to have Marines using two different textures, but not if they're the same race. Each model in a race (e.g. Space Marines) can only have one texture. That's one of the reasons why I made my Halved and Quartered Marines textures in to Mods (so that you could play with/against non-Quartered or Halved chapters)

The only way you can do it is to create RTX files, which are fixed colour scheme, and then disable team colours when you go in to the game, but AFAIK you can't select which colour scheme you want - it seems to be random selection.

Also, this is 'newbies to the site'. I'll move this to the Skinning forum.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)