IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

New badges and banners - coming soon!

Postby IBBoard at 17 Mar 2006, 19:01

It's not quite skinning, but badges and banners are close enough :)

Having had a better think about the downloads area (quite a while ago now) I decided that it'd be better to move things around and group badges, banners and teamcolours into one area, and combine downloads where appropriate. As part of that, I've been making some of the missing banners and teamcolours where I've previously only had badges (banners are always more difficult!)

Anyway, coming soon (whenever I finish them up, prep the screenshots, pack them, upload them and add them) are the following:

Mentor Legion set (with new banner)
Angels Sanguine (with new banner)
Aurora (with new banner)
Iron Hands (with new banner)
Angels of Redemption (combined pack - first time the banner will be available outside the Halved Marines mod)
TGSC's Black Templars (combined pack)
Crimson Fists (combined pack)
TGSC's Crimson Fists (combined pack)
Chaos Undivided (combined pack)
Howling Griffons (combined pack - first time the banner will be available outside the Quarter Marine Mod)
Space Wolf Great Companies (with teamcolour but no banner - I have no ideas at the moment)

and finally (possibly) TGSC's Swords of Sanguinius with badge and banner (if I can remember what his chapter was like and make it look good enough)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: New badges and banners - coming soon!

Postby IBBoard at 19 Mar 2006, 15:50

I'll list all of the actual URLs later, but everything (except the Space Wolves, who'll wait until I get a banner idea) and the Swords of Sanguinius (who are awaiting TGSC's approval) are now uploaded. To get the link in quickly before the F1 gets too far in, check out the Latest Downloads section.

[edit] OK, the news is up now :) check it out.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MASTERatARMS

Postby MASTERatARMS at 27 May 2006, 03:40

Got some great graphics for all of the current Space Wolf great company badges however, I have no idea how to make them myself so if u want the graphics I will send it to ya. :) Maybe it will help u with your banners.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 27 May 2006, 07:56

We've got a tutorial on making badges and banners if you want to try it yourself :) All you need is the image and some art package other than MSPaint (something that can save .tga files)

If not then I'll PM you my email address and I'll see what I can do with them.

MASTERatARMS

Postby MASTERatARMS at 29 May 2006, 07:58

Sounds good im a retard when it comes to art :lol: so, lets go with plan b. Let me know when you want the graphic it's got all of the current great companies on it.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 29 May 2006, 08:06

I never used to be very good at art, but part of it is just having the patience to try different things. I still can't always tell what I need to do to make things look better, though. I can tell that they don't look right, just not what would make them better :D

MASTERatARMS

Postby MASTERatARMS at 29 May 2006, 08:11

Well you have more skill than I do that's for sure :wink: and a-lot more patience it sounds like to. I have to get my hands on things to learn it. Maybe when I have more time away from work I can find time to tinker :) But in the meantime, I can give you the graphic I found and maybe it will help you and the rest of the DOW players. Also I'm a huge fan of your work and have downloaded all your current stuff. Thanks for the great contributions so far.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 29 May 2006, 08:25

No problem :) You should have a PM telling you where to send the files :)

MASTERatARMS

Postby MASTERatARMS at 03 Jun 2006, 21:53

Did not receive your PM for the e/mail and attachments can u try again? :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 04 Jun 2006, 08:55

I sent it on the 29th, and it's sitting in my Outbox, waiting for you to read it. Does it still say "no new messages" at the top of the page?

If it isn't there, I'll PM it again or email it to you.

[edit] Ahhh, I appear to have broken the "No new messages" link - it still shows that even when you have a new PM. I'll fix it now :)

[edit2] Actually, the only thing not working was the popup. That's now fixed. It'll say "X new messages" on your first visit after the message, but if you come back after that it'll say "no new messages". I've now changed the icon so that it's white for no unread messages and coloured when you have unread messages.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 12 Jun 2006, 07:47

MasterAtArms, that original PM's still waiting for you :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 22 Dec 2006, 17:16

Just to keep people updated (and because it's the first graphics work I've done for a while!) I've now updated the Tau badges so they should work with Adonis' custom badge Tau skin :)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 22 Dec 2006, 20:22

Hmmm more Tauey goodness. :)
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 23 Dec 2006, 10:22

I've still got to work out how to get a good 3D shine to them (to make them look a bit more embossed) and what I could do for banners (I've got a PSD lying around somewhere, but I can't remember what I put in it, although I remember it wasn't anything special!)

Might help if I had played Tau enough to know what their textures and banners are like :D

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 23 Dec 2006, 12:27

Sounds like you have the same problem as me....lack of good source material. I have the first Tau Codex, if i get a chance over the Xmas period i'll try and get my mate who has a scanner to copy some of the colour sections and email them to you. :)
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

Next