BASSMAN04

RE: newbie

Postby BASSMAN04 at 08 Mar 2006, 22:48

IBB BOARD

Do i need to do the old SGA Extractor thing first?

The mod is in the C: dawn of war etc and it is only a RAR file on it own 17,227 KB..is this right? or should there be more files?

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 08 Mar 2006, 22:57

Once you've installed pattern switcher, and created the requisite folders, you need to run pattern switcher and import the pattern(s) you want to use that time round. Then launch DoW fom the PS menu. I think you can only use one pattern per 'race' so you can't import the Blood Angels pattern and the Legion of the Damned pattern at the same time.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong....

There's a difference between skins and patterns, which is probably best explained by an expert (i.e not me) :)
Ego Ordinis Mallei Inquisitor, per auctoritate Digamma, Decimatio, Duodecies, ultimum exterminatum planetae [insert here] cum extrema celeritate impero.

(roughly; 'I, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, hereby authorise Death, Destruction, Doom, the total extermination of the planet "blah" with the most extreme and imperative speed.')

In a galaxy of a million worlds, what does the death of one matter?

Simguinus, Chief Historitor

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catalog/p ... e_id=66353

BASSMAN04

Postby BASSMAN04 at 08 Mar 2006, 23:22

Cor what a head bender...i download the mod 1.3 halved space marines to the Dawn of war folder and this should appear in the game manager but doesn't....Hmmm

Equinox33

Postby Equinox33 at 09 Mar 2006, 00:46

yeah man, thanks anyway bro, i did that and i still dont have any luck

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 09 Mar 2006, 08:53

Bassman: You need to extract the files from the RAR. From the sounds of it you've just left the RAR as it is in the Dawn of War folder. You'll need to download WinRar or 7-zip or any other program that can handle RAR files. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Equinox: where is your Dawn of War installed to and exactly which folders did you create? If the Pattern Switcher can't find any files then it generally means that it's either not looking in the location you think, your folders have the wrong name or your files are too high/too low in the folder structure.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

BASSMAN04

Postby BASSMAN04 at 09 Mar 2006, 09:15

Ahh...does XP not have winrar then? as i have XP??

BASSMAN04

Postby BASSMAN04 at 09 Mar 2006, 16:15

ok i used win ace to extract the rar files into the c: dawn of war folder..then i ran the mod installer high.....and then when i went into game mangaer is said Failed to activate???......and just when i thought i was getting somewhere :(

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 09 Mar 2006, 17:50

If you've got the 1.3 version of the mod and you've gone online (which will have patched it up to 1.41) then it will fail to activate. Get the patch, extract it and then overwrite all of the original files with the new version.

I can't promise when, but there'll be a full v1.4 version of the Halved Marines released at some point.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

BASSMAN04

Postby BASSMAN04 at 09 Mar 2006, 17:57

...i was just doing that as you were typing this i think...ive got it working....using the hotfix. i can now have the half marines as a playable race.....phew...think i'm getting there.....thanks for all ya help IBB :D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 09 Mar 2006, 18:45

No problem, glad you got it sorted :) Hope you enjoy the Halved Marines as a separately playable race, and like I said - look out for the 1.4 balanced version whenever I get a chance to finalise it!

The hot-fix makes the existing mod 1.4 compatible, but leaves them with 1.3 stats. The next one will be 1.4 stats :)

BASSMAN04

Postby BASSMAN04 at 10 Mar 2006, 13:11

so can i still get badges and banners for the half marines and where would i save the files etc??

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 10 Mar 2006, 19:11

Badges and banners can go in the normal location (\badges\ and \banners\ in your Dawn of War folder). .teamcolour files (if you can find any - there aren't any I know of outside the mod) are in some folder that I can't think of the name of at the moment. If I was on my computer instead of my laptop I'd be able to tell you. You should be able to put them in Profiles\Profile#\HalvedMarines_Mod\Schemes\ (at least I think that's the name) or you can put them in the W40K directory and make them available in all Mods (not much point of them being in all mods, but it does mean that you can't accidentally delete them. Check out the tip from Hangar-8 for how to do that: Can I make a teamcolour file be available in several mods?

Hopefully that helps. If not I'll give you more information when I'm back on my main computer :)

BASSMAN04

REMOVING CRIMSON FIST PATTERN

Postby BASSMAN04 at 19 Mar 2006, 21:40

Ok i wondered if ya could tell me how to remove the crimson fist pattern as its affected every space marine chapter! I tried deleting the files but it still comes up in the army painter! Anyone help???? :oops:

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 20 Mar 2006, 09:12

How did you install it? If you manually put it into the correct folder (c:\program files\thq\dawn of war\w40k\data\art\ebps\races\space_marines\texture_share\) then you should just need to delete the files. If you used the Pattern Switcher, run it up and hit the "Remove Imported" button while the Space Marine tab is at the front.

It is the one limitation of textures in DoW, though - they apply to all units of that type for all armies and they don't show up to any networked/online opponents. That's why the Halved and Quartered Marines became mods :)

BASSMAN04

Postby BASSMAN04 at 20 Mar 2006, 09:31

Yeah i manually installed it....i just must not have deleted all the files! I'll have a burn later...cheers IBB :wink:

PreviousNext