Help

XpHurt

Help

Postby XpHurt at 03 Mar 2006, 21:52

Is it possible to make my space marine squads all have Apothecary skins on DoW?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Help

Postby IBBoard at 04 Mar 2006, 10:58

Firstly, not General Chat - it's a Dawn of War Skinning issue. I'll move it once I've posted.

Secondly, theoretically yes. You have two options.

The approximation option is that you copy the relevant parts of the skin from the Apothecary's WTP to the Space Marine's WTP, with minor modifications to the skin wherever the Apothecary model has detail that the Space Marine model doesn't (such as the vials on his back and the sword on his arm).

The 'make space marine squads all have Apothecary models' option involves 3DSMax (costing several thousand dollars), Santos' Tools (to extract the Apothecary from the game), and a lot of time merging the relevant Apothecary parts into the Space Marine (or Space Marine parts into the Apothecary). The biggest problem there is getting the Apothecary model to also have the Marine weapons. Once you've done that, you'll probably need to do a complete reskin, set the model up in Relic's Object Editor and then he should be in-game. I'm not sure how that one will affect online play, though, and I haven't had any experience with 3DSMax.

So yes, it is possible, it just depends whether you want white Space Marines with the Apothecary symbols, or whether you want full Apothecay-style models.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)