IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Competition time!

Postby IBBoard at 21 Feb 2006, 20:01

OK, so it isn't a huge competition, and there isn't anything as interesting as a gift voucher or similar as a prize, but it's an idea I've had :)

Some time soon, I will complete and release the Halved Marine Mod, balanced for patch 1.4, and then for WA, as well as the Quartered Marines Mods.

The competition is as follows: design a badge, banner and .teamcolour file for either an existing Games Workshop chapter or a chapter of your own creation (halved or quartered). Once the entries are in, the top three (or top half, whichever is smaller) will be released as official inclusions in the combined Halved and Quartered Marine mod :)

The gauntlet has been laid before you!

So, responses? Suggestions? comments that it's a completely stupid idea and that the prize isn't worth it? :)

[edit] OK, getting a little ignored (or people just aren't here). I'll bump it up more prominant :)

[edit2] Note: I reserve the right to reject entries if they are not suitable. Also, if not enough entrants post their submissions, I will end the competition and no winner will be announced. This is to ensure the quality of work within the mods.
Last edited by IBBoard on 01 May 2006, 18:41, edited 2 times in total.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

RE: Competition time!

Postby SisterHelios at 28 Feb 2006, 05:25

Actually I think its a wonderful Idea,but I was wondering,do you take requests for skins,because I have tried but I don't know how anything works for it,besides its just an Idea you might like to use for another mod of yours.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 28 Feb 2006, 07:58

It's fallen down the page a bit, but there's a Suggestions for new Skins thread. I can't promise that anything will be done, though - it's more of a "suggestions that people can make if they want" than a "list of skins that will be made soon". With my Final Year Project, I just don't have the time :\
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 01 May 2006, 18:40

OK, it's now May, that's a whole two months and a bit since the original announcement. I think that means people aren't going to enter the competition.

Locked and disposed of - idea abandonned.