IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Halved Marines Mod (1.41 version)

Postby IBBoard at 22 Jan 2006, 11:38

I'm working on the mod now, and I've already posted about it on the Relic Forums last night (and received some replies, including a couple from a rather impolite sounding American).

Anyway, the Halved Marine Mod is still running 1.3 stats, requirements and balance, even after all this time since the mod tools were released. I wanted something with a definate purpose to stop me just wasting away the little half-hours I keep finding where I'm not sure what to do, and so I decided I'd work on updating the Mod :)

The first version will be DoW 1.4 only, with WA to follow. Either once DoW is done or once the WA version is done, I'll also release versions of the Quartered Marines.

What I need now is more testers. I've got one person volunteer from Relic Forums. All you need to do is play through with the new race, check that there aren't any AI bugs and that all of the upgrades turn up when they should and that all abilities can be used properly. The race is inherited/cloned from the normal Space Marines, so balance shouldn't be an issue, but me missing out a requirement and leaving a HalvedMarine building requiring a Space_Marine building as a requirement might be!

Last edited by IBBoard on 28 Jan 2006, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

RE: Halved Marines Mod (1.41 version)

Postby MadMaffMan at 22 Jan 2006, 13:09

I'll post here as well as the Relic forums.

I'd be glad to help out, just let me know when your ready to go. :-)
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 22 Jan 2006, 15:55

Yup, will do, just got the Weapon files to check through (rather a lot of those!) and a quick hack of the AI to see if it'll work with the files I distributed with the hotfixed, only with corrected stats and then it should be good to go for testing :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 23 Jan 2006, 15:50

OK, test version sent out :) Everything seems OK from my tests, but someone is bound to find something!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 28 Jan 2006, 22:20

Beta 2 is now being sent. Hopefully all of the problems should have been caught :)

Now for the slightly longer process of creating all of those 50-55MB additional "you don't have .Net and you don't want to download it" files :D