UberPainter Mod

Fizzled

RE: UberPainter Mod

Postby Fizzled at 19 Jan 2006, 20:45

How do I run the game w/o the Mod to see my custom schemes again? I ran the game by clicking on WinterAssault.exe directly, and the schemes still are not in the list. This is actually the first "mod" I've installed. Up to now I've only made custom color schemes via the standard Army Painter and a couple badges.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 19 Jan 2006, 20:51

You need to go into Game Manager and enable whatever it calls standard Dawn of War - it might be Dawn of War or it might be Winter Assault, I can't remember. But as the FAQ says, you don't have to run without the mod to get your schemes back, or to make them available in multiple mods :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Fizzled

Postby Fizzled at 19 Jan 2006, 21:00

Ah, ok, I see what you mean. Thanks.

Which FAQ are you referring to? I don't see one that mentions how to make my schemes available in other Mods (specifically, the UberPainter Mod).

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 20 Jan 2006, 10:14

I posted it at the bottom of the previous page - Can I make a teamcolour file be available in several mods?

Although, thinking about it, maybe I should add it into the Mod FAQ as well :D
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

sunray

Postby sunray at 17 Feb 2006, 00:05

Hi,

I didn't really know where the right place to put this post was, so here goes anyway.

A number of IG mods use the old DOW guardsmen as different types of squads for their mods in WA. Are these guardsmen configured to be able to have their scheme changed in the Army Painter? I think I may have seen them with a different colour scheme in the WA: Battleground mod.

It would be interesting to know if there is anything that could be done easily with them. They do have that hardended/veteran look about them, that the WA guardsmen don't have.

regards

sunray
:) :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 17 Feb 2006, 07:29

It's possible to use the old Guardsmen, it would just require a Mod, a bit of work, and access to 3DStudio Max. It wouldn't be done in an Army Painter mod, though, so I'd recommend looking around the Adeptus Modificatus forums at RelicNews to see what people have done.

Oh, and the originals were actually the PDF (Planetary Defence Force) if I remember correctly, meaning that they're highly unskilled and well below an actual guardsman :D

Adonis
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

0%

Postby Adonis at 24 Feb 2006, 02:43

Hey there! Just a quick note about the PDF, they were refered to as the Tartarus 37th Imperial Guard at the end of the first campaign mission. So technically, they are guardsmen. However, I wouldn't call them that after seeing the guardsmen in winter assault. The models in WA are 10 times better. :D

sunray

Postby sunray at 03 Jul 2006, 22:24

Hi All,

I have transferred this suggestion from another thread to this, as it involves the Army Painter and the UberPainterWA mod.

My suggestion involves having a selectable colour that will change the helmet colour only (a selectabel colour of its own) , instead of the helmet colour being incorporated with another part of the body. IBBoard, could this be done? Do you think it is worthwhile doing? And most importantly, are you willing to do it?

On the issue of the PDF, thanks to davisbe, I now have a teamcoloured WTP file for the PDF guardsmen. I have developed quite a fascination for them. I don't think they move, and look, as fragile as the WA guardsmen. They look much more tenacious, and battle hardened. And to extend the PDF usability I have created a "PDF only" infantry barracks, a PDF ranger squad, and PDF platoon/company/regimental headquaters squads.

I have absolutely nil graphic modding skills, but I can do most of what is required for new units/squads in the AEP editor that I have.

Which brings me to my next question. Is it the WTP file that tell the game what colours to display the different parts of the unit (guardsman) in? My ultimate aim is to have a WA guardsman, and a PDF guardsman, who are medics with white helmets. (This has nothing to do with my suggestion for the UberPainterWA mod by the way.)

If I can get the appropriate WA guardsman, and PDF guardsman files, with everything else the same, but with white helmets, I should be able to use the apothacary as a template, and do the necessary data changes which will give them the model/animation/weapons of the guardsmen/PDF soldiers.

I am aware that the Archangel mod will have an IG medic, but I don't know how long it will be before the mod release. And it is probably somewhat cheeky to ask them if I can use it, for my own private use, before the mod is released.

regards

sunray
:) :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 04 Jul 2006, 09:47

I actually meant the texture suggestion thread, since helmet stripes are texture-related and not UberPainter, but never mind :D Maybe I'll split this out later.

Anyway, yes, the WTP is the bit that controls the teamcolouring of a unit. You then also need an RSH file, which is what the model (WHM) points to, and you can then optionally add RTX files that are the 'team colouring off' and 'specify team colouring in campaign' textures.

If you give me more of an idea as to what you want then it seems fairly simple and I should be able to do it some time soon :)

Trogdor the Burninator

Postby Trogdor the Burninator at 23 Aug 2006, 21:48

ok, i think this is the right place for this. i downloaded the uberpaint mod for DoW, but it doesn't show up. can anyone help? much thanks.

-Trogdor

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 25 Aug 2006, 12:17

See your other post (that's now separated out into a topic) :)

Previous