Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

UberPainter Mod

Postby IBBoard at 11 Jan 2006, 20:55

Yes, I know, I stole a word from the Germans, but it just fits so well :D

I've just released the UberPainter Mod for vanilla Dawn of War. It adds all of the units and buildings for all of the races into the preview lists. It also replaces all of the colours with the full list of GW colours, as taken from the previews on the online shop :)

So, why not go and download the UberPainter Mod for all of your skin viewing pleasure? :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

RE: UberPainter Mod

Postby MadMaffMan at 11 Jan 2006, 21:28

I'm way ahead of you there, great work. Oh by the way, i couldn't leave feedback and a score. Said there was some kind of site problem when i tried.

Will this work for WA or is there a WA version in the pipeline?

A full list of GW colours :shock: cool now i have the RGB's for the colours i need, no more hours spent trying to mix my own up. :D

Keep up the great work. :wink:
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 11 Jan 2006, 21:37

WA version is in the pipeline. As for rating it, hmmmm, I'll have to investigate, thanks for telling me :)

The GW colour list is a little different to the original Relic one (the Dark Angels Green isn't as dark, the assumption being that Relic made it darker to simulate it being painted over a black undercoat on Dark Angels Marines) but they're all their - or all the ones on the GW UK site are anyway :)

[edit] Ooops, that was a mistake from one of my cleanups of the code! It's fixed now. I wondered why people hadn't been commenting as much recently!

[edit 2] Thinking about it, the mod will work for WA, as long as you modify the .module file. The only thing it'll be missing for now is the extension for the Guard preview list and the new WA units. So it's not a useful working, but its a working of sorts :D
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 12 Jan 2006, 10:37

OK, new morning, new mod.

The UberPainter WA Mod is now available, so you can enjoy all of that extra army painter goodness in Winter Assault :)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 13 Jan 2006, 02:05

Sweet.....downloading next. :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 14 Jan 2006, 21:22

Is one of those two comments on the WA version from you?

WA definately seems more popular though - within just over two days (maybe, I'm not sure, I should check times but I can't be bothered :D) the WA version already has more downloads than the DoW version and it hit over 100 as well!

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 14 Jan 2006, 21:43

One of those comments could be from me...........why :?:

:lol:

*edit*

Just a thought but can you make custom colour palette's for Photoshop 6, if so shouldn't it be possible for me to make a Citadel Paint colour palette now that i have the RGB's for the whole range. :?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 15 Jan 2006, 09:34

Yeah, you can make custom palettes, so you can pull apart the paint colour file if you want :)

As for the comment, I was just wondering :) Seeing how many of the comments were from externals. 122 downloads in about 3 days :)

sunray

Postby sunray at 17 Jan 2006, 22:15

Hi,

I love the new UberPainterWA mod. Excellent work.

I have posted this question on the Relic forum, but in hindsight (marvelous thing, hindsight) this is probably the right place to post my question.

When I save a scheme with the mod, then unload the mod, and load another mod, that scheme is not available to me. Is there some way that I can have both mods loaded together, so I can use a scheme I create in the UberPainterWA mod, in another mod?

regards

sunray
:) :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 17 Jan 2006, 22:32

I'll post my reply from Relic Forums so you get it where ever you look first :D

me on Relic Forums wrote:in most situations it should be possible to get the uberpainter to be used alongside another mod. It'll take work for each mod, and it'll completely break any form of online synching so online games won't work (unless you're playing a friend who has done the exact same thing) but it would be possible.

Alternatively, I've got a question in my FAQ that should cover it: Can I make a teamcolour file be available in several mods?

Maybe I should have made mention of that FAQ point in the download readme :)

sunray

Postby sunray at 18 Jan 2006, 00:06

IBBoard,

Thanks for your prompt reply (on both forums). And a big thanks for pointing me in the direction of your faq on teamcolours, which has shown me what I have to do.

I only ever play single player skirmish, so having my own exclusive version of mods/teamcolours is in no way a problem.

Now all I have to do is learn how to make a camo pattern for the SL, for my own use.

Thanks again.

sunray
:D :D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 18 Jan 2006, 07:35

Glad I can help :)

Someone on Relic Forums suggested resizing the Squiggoth, so I'll be trying that today (my 'break from revision day' before I start revising for my exam on the 25th)

As for the camo - we've got some Dawn of War skinning tutorials that might help :) If you find there's something that isn't covered, ask in the "Skinning Questions" topic or find out your own way and write a tutorial :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 18 Jan 2006, 18:38

Oooops, someone didn't suggest resizing the Squiggoth - they suggested actually including it! I didn't realise I'd missed the Squiggoth and the Grots :D

Both are now available with the updates (with WA style ordering in the DoW version):

UberPainter Mod v1.1 for Dawn of War
UberPainter Mod v1.1 for Winter Assault

Fizzled

Postby Fizzled at 19 Jan 2006, 20:25

I installed and ran the UberPainter Mod v1.1 for Winter Assault, and it looks great except for one problem: it erased all the custom schemes I'd come up with so far! I posted a comment about it on the download, but thought I'd mention it here as well.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 19 Jan 2006, 20:36

It doesn't erase them. Just like any other mod, it has its own folder within your profile, and saved schemes are mod-specific.

Try reading Can I make a teamcolour file be available in several mods? in your FAQs section :)

I'll definately have to make more of a mention of that, along with the process for installing on other languages, on the page soon, or in the next version (once I get a chance to see if I can do what I hope I can do)

Next