IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Need an avatar and member title for Relic Forums

Postby IBBoard at 08 Jan 2006, 19:46

I've just received a PM from Finaldeath over on the official Relic News forums saying that I've now been made a Senior Member for being helpful and contributing to the community :) The two most visible bonuses are custom avatars and a member title.

I've got a new custom avatar for now (my Dark Angels angel banner that I made - the third company version) and my member title is now, kinda boringly, "Simple Skinner".

Anyway, I need suggestions people! I'm not very original, especially for a member title. I've got an idea for an avatar (use the Dreadnought from the original Skins@HWT header :) ) and I might try it later, but it'll be a bit of a fight on a laptop running linux with only a touch pad for control!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

RE: Need an avatar and member title for Relic Forums

Postby MadMaffMan at 08 Jan 2006, 23:02

Congrats on the promotion, it's well deserved after all the hard work you have put into this site and the Relic forums. Maybe i should start using the Relic forums again. :?: I could make loads of posts dropping hints about the site.

Surely your avatar should be the DOW equivalent of your Warboss from your TT army. If you do that then Gork and Mork may smile kindly on your TT army's next outing. :D

I'm not sure i like the title 'simple skinner', makes me think of the kids rhyme 'Simple Simon'. :? Can you not pick something that will help promote the site, or is that not allowed. :?: Failing that i'd go for something funny from one of my favourite films/books/TV shows.

Well done again, keep up the great work. 8) :lol:
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

mel_danes

Postby mel_danes at 09 Jan 2006, 01:45

Bout' damn time!
Well the avatar seems to be a good theme...maybe some type of Dark Angels title. They have the Deathwing, Ravenwing, Inquisitor Chaplains something of that nature.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 09 Jan 2006, 07:31

I've done a quick change since then - I actually managed to put the halved dreadnought header into an avatar, although he could do with being redone from scratch to improve the quality. My latest title is "Artificer Minoris". I kinda want something that says 'skinner' but not too much, because otherwise I'll get bombarded by requests I can't do :D Artificer seemed right because they're the people who decorate Space Marine armour.

I might have to see what I can do about moving it towards site promotion though - see what they'll allow me.

For now, my profile page (where you can see my latest title and avatar) is http://forums.relicnews.com/member.php?userid=44589
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)