Black Templar skin.

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

RE: Black Templar skin.

Postby MadMaffMan at 09 Jan 2006, 19:04

No, i have broadband like you, so now there's no stopping me with my pics. :lol:

The symbol on the Assault Marines pauldron is a Griffon rampant....think thats the word. :shock:

Your right that the text is no longer readable but at least i know that it does say something and so does the Emperor. 8)
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 10 Jan 2006, 12:28

Yep, always important that The Emperor knows what it says ;)

I did wonder whether the pauldron (I'll use the right word :)) symbol was a griffin or something, but I wasn't sure and didn't want to say it in case it was something else :D
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 10 Jan 2006, 17:47

I shouldn't worry, my mate thought it was a chicken. :shock:

Saying that put me in a fowl mood. :lol:

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 10 Jan 2006, 19:25

*ignores terrible joke* Cockatrice, maybe.

Beware, for I am a knight, and I have as my adopted symbol the Holy Chicken of Antioch :D
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 10 Jan 2006, 21:04

Is there anyone who doesn't like Monty Python...........thought not. :lol:

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 13 Jan 2006, 02:24

When posting on the Relic forums am i allowed to mention other websites e.g. HWT. :?:

Or is that classed as advertising and would that get me and maybe even HWT in trouble. :oops:

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 13 Jan 2006, 07:00

No, I think its fine as long as you do it in a helpful way. Any time people want tutorials for some things, I point them our way (and so do some other people :) ) Keep it sensible and not too spammy and they don't normally mind.

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 14 Jan 2006, 19:24

Here is the latest WIP on the Black Templar marines, after feedback on the Relic forum i have altered the chest eagle on trim 2 to boltgun grey. Thanks to the Uber WA paint mod i can now pick my colours exactly. :lol:

As you can see i have made a new purity seal in Photoshop, i'm quite pleased seeing that it's only my second crack at making a purity seal. Following feedback i have added one to the right pauldron and another to the left leg, i was told they were the correct places on the armour for BT's. WHY are they the only spots for purity seals. :?:

Having always used Hanger-8's marines i had no idea that the intake vents for the jump packs on vanilla assault marines were so low res, i may have a go at touching that up. Otherwise i'm very pleased with them and unless someone can see a prob from the pics i will probably submit them soon.....unless i try to get the termies and scouts done as well. :?

TTFN

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 14 Jan 2006, 21:27

Looks great, can't wait to see them submitted :)

Hopefully the chest eagles are still team colourable, and its not a permanant fix :) if you're chosing it from the army painter, then it should be :) I don't know why they should be boltgun - IMO that's a little dark when the rest of their armour is black.

As for "the only spot for purity seals", I don't have a clue. I can see why they might be the best spot, but not the only spots. The seals look great though, amazing detail in there.

Good luck with the vents as well - it's suprising how bad the res is on some parts of the texture ;)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 15 Jan 2006, 02:42

No need to worry, the chest eagles are now on trim 2 as there's no need for the Tac symbols. I was told that they should be dark metalic grey, but i think i prefered my old bone white ones, still...thats why i left them team colourable and not fixed. :D

Did you know that the WA 1.41marines have fixed red eyes but the termies and other marines with helmets still have team colourable eyes, i wondered why they looked slightly odd together, then when i extracted the termies WTP i found that the eyes are still on the trim 2 (old eye) layer....odd that they didn't make the change for all of them. :?:

Any hoo, i have made a few more changes. The purity seals have been reduced in size another 5% because some people thought that they were slightly to large, also i have touched up the jump packs in-take vents, the grill on the helmet, the boltgun mag and the bolt pistol mag (now has 4 visible bolts rather than looking like it's filled with porridge). :lol:

See what you think....

Well thats it for tonight, it's late and i need sleep. :wink:

TTFN

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 15 Jan 2006, 09:32

Looks good - not sure I can see the 5% reduction in purity seal size :D

The bolt pistol clip looks better, but it looks a little like the bullets are blending into the surround (they go in a straight diagonal and the clip curves)

As for the eyes being red - Yeah, relic did seem to be a little daft like that. Even better was when it first happened and people were going "no, you're wrong, they're still colourable" because they had a skin installed :D

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 15 Jan 2006, 22:57

Well here is the latest from the front.

Changes from last time include:

slight touch-up of detail on the boltpistol mag

helmet grill and 'pipes' detail touched up

leg seal moved slightly (was bending under the left greave slightly)

I am pleased to say that the skin works ok with other SM chapters as well so anyone can use it not just BT players. Although it was made for Black Templars though so some colours work better than others. :D

I have gone for a Mithril Silver (thanks Uber Paint mod :lol: ) chest eagle for my crusade, much nicer than dark grey. :wink:

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 16 Jan 2006, 08:20

Looks good, and so does the Mithril Silver chest eagle :) Hopefully we'll see more of them soon!

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 18 Jan 2006, 22:31

I only meant to sit down at the PC for a short while and choose the next skin to work on. After having a look at the Termies i opened up the Scout WTP and next thing you know 3 hours have flown by. :lol:

The detail of the weapons is absolutely foul, no wonder they look so low-res.....GAH.

Here is a quick pic of progress so far, the colour layers are now BT fluffy and having never liked that cheap looking bionic eye i am trying to remove it and make him look more like the TT models.

Question.....does the left eye look level with the right. Hard to tell from a pic but the left one looks slightly lower to me but on the default layer they are 100% level? Is it just my wonky vision or what.... :?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 19 Jan 2006, 08:10

His eyebrows don't look level, and I can't quite tell with the eyes because you gave Relic Forums the better screenshot with bot eyes being normal :P :D The eyes are approximately equal though, and it looks much better without the mechanical bit that I kinda remember being there (never paid much attention to scout textures!)

Hope you manage to get something improved with the low-res weapon textures :)

PreviousNext