Problems changing Campaign and Map Editor Team Colours

phoenix

RE: Problems changing Campaign and Map Editor Team Colours

Postby phoenix at 21 Jan 2006, 22:35

erm. no
somebody told me in a forum that it could be a "SCAR" option ?

Fizzled

Postby Fizzled at 22 Jan 2006, 06:52

IBBoard wrote:Yeah, you can view them with ChunkyViewer (so it gives us a little information about the content of the file) but it's only a formatted version of the headers you can find yourself when you open it with a HexEditor. If you really want to go and change a 512x512 pixel image (possibly more by the time the DDS has its minimaps as well - I don't quite know how DDS works) then feel free to open it with a HexEditor and change each of the 262,144 'pixels' that are made up of four pairs of hex characters (32bit colour) by hand, one by one!

If that's really your style, I use XVI32

If you knew the image format, couldn't you copy/paste all the relevant hex data into a new file, save it as the appropriate image type, and edit it with the image editing software of your choice? Then when you were done, reopen the image with the hex editor, prepend the headers from the source file again, and go with that? Again, this is beyond anything I've ever attempted, so perhaps I'm simply not understanding how this stuff works.

Of course, something is funky about the file to begin with b/c I did go and open one of the RTX files with a hex editor and saved a test copy immediately (no changes) in a new location. When I tried to open the test copy in the Chunky Viewer it wouldn't work. I don't know if the problem lies in the RTX file or the hex editor I was using, though.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 22 Jan 2006, 09:43

It is a SCAR option - you can use a SCAR function to select which teamcolour you want the race to be shown in, but it must be one of default_0 to default_7, which identifies the set of RTX files to use, which directly relate to (but do not use) the standard existing teamcolour files.

It might be possible to copy into a new file and work it that way, but I tried trimming the header information off and Photoshop wouldn't recognise it. It also depends on whether it is a DDS, a TGA or a compressed one of them.

As for copying and saving to a new location, I haven't tried that. It could be the Hex-Editor or, depending on where you saved it, it could be something daft like ChunkyViewer only works within the DoW folder (just like the Map Editor has to have maps within a Mod structure to edit them)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Previous