IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

FAQ questions needed

Postby IBBoard at 03 Nov 2005, 18:48

I don't know if anyone has been to the site and noticed, but Skins@HWT now has an FAQ section. This includes a Badges and Banners FAQ section and an Editing Skins FAQ section.

I keep thinking of things to add myself, but if anyone else has any suggestions for questions that have short answers (or can have a summary and a link to an article or similar) then please post them here :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

abusage

RE: FAQ questions needed

Postby abusage at 08 Nov 2005, 12:44

I have a question so I'm putting it here but I'm not sure its a frequently asked one :). Last night I was in a WA game online (4v4). The game loaded without my custom banner and badges AGAIN. But also the game lagged terrible, like fine for 4 seconds then lag stoppage for 5 seconds (off and on). Just wondering if custom decals, wtps, and other non defaut things like this could possibly cause lag or these connection issues. I hadn't lagged all night then that 1 random game with the same people I'd been playing with I get tossed. Also, why the heck do my banners and badges not load most of the time?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: FAQ questions needed

Postby IBBoard at 08 Nov 2005, 15:49

With the lack of badges and banners, you could try the Badges and Banners FAQ that I've added on Skins@HWT. That's one possible answer

As for custom WTPs and images, they shouldn't cause any lag. Custom WTPs are never transferred and aren't even considered outside your machine - the other gamers don't care what texture you're using. Lag through processing issues is also unlikely, as the custom WTPs are identical in size and everything to the existing WTPs, and if anything might be a tiny bit faster because they don't have to be extracted from the SGA files (which are basically zipped archives).

Sorry I can't help with anything other than the banner. With network traffic and the possibile variety of other processes on your machine that could interefere, the lag could be due to lots of things.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)