IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Nearing 20,000 visitors!

Postby IBBoard at 28 Oct 2005, 08:38

Skins@HWT is currently on 19,750 visitors since I first installed a hit counter and is fast approaching 20,000!

From back in the early days where we were lucky to receive over 75 visitors per day, we are now (with the help of the community's contributions) pulling in around 290 visitors per day! And that's excluding AOL users, who are better ignored than messing up the stats.

We do have a two-and-a-half day period in the middle of the month where no hits have been counted, so we should be well over the 20,000 by now, but by early tomorrow morning (BST) we should have achieved it in the hit counter as well :) Remember, these are actual visitors staying for a while, not the 'hits' count that you see some sites using, which is just page views and add up quicker if someone actually stays a while.

Thanks to everyone who visits, contributes and comments. Hopefully we can keep the site growing and improving :)

[edit] 3rd November - time to convert this to a normal post so we don't get too many at the top :)
Last edited by IBBoard on 03 Nov 2005, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Nearing 20,000 visitors!

Postby IBBoard at 28 Oct 2005, 20:09

We hit the 19,900 mark at around 6:45pm BST and are currently on 19,940! At this rate we could possibly reach the 20,000 mark before the end of the day in the UK, but almost certainly by first thing tomorrow morning :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 29 Oct 2005, 09:14

We hit the 20,000 visitor mark a little before 1am this morning (BST) :) Already today, in around 10 hours, we have over 100 visitors, although the British evening is our busiest time.

Next target - 50,000 visitors!

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 29 Oct 2005, 09:40

Great going there IBBoard, but what else did you expect?????

After all, this is the best site for skins on the web. :D

Keep up the great work.
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 29 Oct 2005, 13:40

It might be the best, but it's still not the best known. I'm sure people still go to TPTSNBTWABPBOA (The Place That Should Not Be Touched With A Barge Pole Because Of Adverts - AKA DoWFiles :D) because it has so many cross-links that it ranks higher or that they already know about the FileFront network.

I'm still not using up much of my bandwidth though! Maybe when I get the Halved Marines mod working, finished and uploaded...

One thing I want is for the site to be useful and accessible. If anyone has any ideas (I'll hopefully be working on searchable downloads soon) then please post them in the suggestions forum :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 28 Nov 2005, 07:37

At 00:47 this morning (GMT) Skins@HWT hit 30,000 visitors! We're now averaging over 300 visitors per day :)

[edit] I've also tweaked the Main Menu list on the site so it will hopefully be more useful now. I've seen a few people searching for team colours etc, hitting an article and then not bothering to go and look in the Downloads section

mel_danes

Postby mel_danes at 28 Nov 2005, 18:47

Yeah!
Very cool. Well IBB that is not bad traffic. All you need is that cool mod your working on and the badwidth can soar. Good job on the new changes, navigation can be a big problem for some people.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 28 Nov 2005, 20:00

Yeah, the mod is being a slight pain at the moment though - we've got the 1.4 Hotfix, but the WA hotfix keeps crashing. Hopefully I'll be able to make a full 1.4 version soon, but it might have to be after Christmas, depending on how assignments go :\

As for the Navigation, I thought it would be obvious enough as it was that "Downloads" contained anything you might want to download. Apparently not for some people :D Also, if you're using one of the more up to date browsers then you get (and always have had) rather cool hover effects :) nothing major, just a bit of simple "you're hovering here" styling.

I would hope we could reach 10,000 visitors in November, but with two and a bit days left we're about 900 visitors short (more like 700 if I up the one day that got 43 hits to something closer to normal). It is possible, just not very likely.

As for bandwidth, Skins@HWT is currently running on about 13.5GB for the month until, according to the stats page, "25-Nov-2005 20:15 CST". That averages out at around half a gig a day. No where near the bandwidth limit that this site has!

We need more submissions and more visitors...:D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 01 Dec 2005, 10:54

We came so close! Skins@HWT had 9,729 non-AOL visitors in November.

If I up the one day that reported 43 hits (which is far too low!) to around average (324) then we did just make the 10,000 in a month.

Next target: a real 10,000 for December (although I won't be here to be adding things for half of the month, and it'll be Christmas, so it might get a bit stale and slow) or 40,000 by the new year (we're currently on 30,959).

So, go out, spread the word and make sure people know of all the great things they can add to Dawn of War!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 02 Jan 2006, 12:01

December saw 9,361 non-AOL visitors, including a day that mysteriously has no statistics in the log. It also say us reach the 40,000 mark! It occured some time early on the 30th December (GMT), as long as you don't try compensating for the missing hits in December and October, and the really quiet day of probable missing logs in early November :)

Average visitors per day are still over 300!