How to get other WTP files?

Kojiro

RE: How to get other WTP files?

Postby Kojiro at 24 Oct 2005, 07:45

Hey there all, I just decided to give skinning a go tihs weekend. I'm sure I did it the clunkiest way possible but I have a finished Predator and Marine skin.

I'm pretty unsure how to get my hands on the other wtp files though, extracting them from the .lua or whatever. If anyone wants to see what I've done PM me and I'll send you a copy.

Thanks

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: How to get other WTP files?

Postby IBBoard at 24 Oct 2005, 10:50

To extract other WTP files, you need an SGA reader (SGA are Relic's archives). SpookyRAT is my preference, although there is also the one in the Relic Mod Tools (which isn't 1.4/WA compatible) and Corsix' SGA reader. Then you need to open the W40kData-SharedTextures-Full.sga file in the w40k directory and extract the files you want. SpookyRAT should drop them in the correct location once you've extracted them, then you just need to work on them.

As for your skin, I'll PM you about it in a minute and hopefully you'll be willing to submit it to the site (if it's suitable) :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)