Ork Glyphs and Dawn of War skins or banners

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Anyone here speak Ork???

Postby MadMaffMan at 18 Oct 2005, 18:29

I was just looking through the old Ork Codex ( 2nd Edition i think ), anyway i found a section on the Ork Glyphs. :shock:

According to this book you can make any word you want using a mixture of glyphs and phonetic runes. Some of this is typical Ork, like the Ork word for Eldar is 'Panzee' or how their numbers run from 0-5 then after that its just 'Lotz'. :lol:

Thats started me thinking about how cool it would be to make banners with real slogans written in Ork and maybe even add some Ork graffiti to the skins of Ork buildings and vehicles.

Is there anyone already doing this, or if i decide to have a crack myself is there anyone who could double check my 'oomie/Ork translations as my Ork is a little rusty. :D

Still i must make sure i finish my first tri-camo scheme for the IG before starting something else. :?
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Ork Glyphs and Dawn of War skins or banners

Postby IBBoard at 19 Oct 2005, 08:49

I'm not doing it - I want to do it though! I've been looking for references on the net that show me that list (someone gave me a copy of the page for reference about 10 years ago and I've lost it now) but the new Codex doesn't have it in and I've not got the 2nd Ed codex (thicker, green spine, but a cover picture of a Goff with a red hair-squig around his helmet with some other stuff and a yellow background IIRC) :(

That's why my TT army are called "Waaaagh! Grimjaw" though - the Grim glyph is a jaw and all of the Orks paint their jaws black :)

Oh, and I'll add you to the group that can start topics in this forum, just as soon as I work out which part of the ACP the forum hides that functionality in!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)