Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Tester required (Pattern Switcher)

Postby IBBoard at 18 Sep 2005, 13:58

Hi all,

I've got a request for you all. I need a tester for a new version of the Pattern Switcher tool. More accurately, I need a tester for a copy of the released version that doesn't rely on the .Net Framework (for those people who don't have it installed and don't want to).

The only differences will that the whole thing is RARed down to 6.5MB from 18MB instead of being a 27KB download!

So, does anyone out there have multiple patterns downloaded and not have .Net installed? Anyone willing to test and make sure everything is working stand-alone?

Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

RE: Tester required (Pattern Switcher)

Postby MadMaffMan at 18 Sep 2005, 23:33

I'm affraid i have .NET installed other wise i would love to help. :(
Why the large increase in size? Whats it got thats new.
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 19 Sep 2005, 09:00

It's got the parts of the .Net framework that it uses linked in so that people without the framework can use it without having to install .Net. It was just something I said I'd do at some point because I know that not everyone has the framework and some people would rather download an extra 6MB on a file and another 6MB on the next version and another 2-8MB on another program that uses .Net etc than download the framework once at about 23MB.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

bupti

Postby bupti at 20 Sep 2005, 07:24

I could help too, but unfortunately i have the .Net installed too. Sorry

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 06 Oct 2005, 00:07

Will you be doing a hotfix for the pattern changer so that it works with WA and the IG, or are you waiting till you release the new version?
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 06 Oct 2005, 07:14

I'll wait until I've actually installed WA :D Hopefully it should be soon (I'm going to be releasing my mod soon, even if it does have that banner bug in it on strat points) and then I'll be able to install WA and work with the Guard and the new units :)

I was also thinking about it and thought it'd be cool if I could manage to get it to work with mods, so it'll put patterns into place for any mod you might have installed, but I think that might be a bit much for now :D

mel_danes

Postby mel_danes at 06 Oct 2005, 13:43

That multimod support thing would be great. I've considered doing some retex's for the SL. I love Roberts textures, I just want some chipped paint and solid colours, they use the eye and trim maps for a lot of the work. The current taks don't look much like the guy's. You know I don't have enough to do now. :)