IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

THQ visit these forums!

Postby IBBoard at 08 Sep 2005, 19:47

I've just looked at my logs for Skins@HWT and was shocked to see the host name (human-friendly name of the IP address) for one of my visitors was "thq.com"! They've visited 65 pages and spent 15 minutes on the site at half-six BST :) I wonder if it was some insider scoping the site out :D

Also interesting is that I've had a couple of visitors recently using the proxy server proton.mdc.ubisoft.com. Ubisoft staff checking out other publisher's games on their lunch breaks? :D
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

RE: THQ visit these forums!

Postby MadMaffMan at 08 Sep 2005, 19:59

Maybe THQ wanted to see what a real WH40K skin should look like. :wink:
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 09 Sep 2005, 18:40

After the recent mini-uproar with the skin changes to Space Marines in 1.4, that could actually be true :D
Marines with perma-red eyes? Standard Blood Angels colour schemes giving huge green arrows on the side on the barracks? someone didn't think the change through as thoroughly as they could have :D
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

mel_danes

Postby mel_danes at 10 Sep 2005, 03:12

Ooouuhh! Talent scouts. Hurray! Oh wait...we just skin. Darn. Still though good eye on those logs there "HawkEye IBB". Very cool to get trolled by the creator.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 10 Sep 2005, 09:07

They'll be going after you and Sandwich if they are tallent scouts ;)

They've not hit again (although they did come from Hangar-8's banner site!), but that Ubisoft proxy server has been through three times (6th September, just after midnight on the 8th and around 8pm on the 8th). They do seem to have looked at most things, though - badges, banners, skins, the works :)