Suggestions for new skins (16 skins to do)

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

RE: Suggestions for new skins (16 skins to do)

Postby SisterHelios at 03 Mar 2006, 23:45

Did you happen to have an E-mail Address I can send the picture to you? I have a scaned picture I would like to send to you.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 04 Mar 2006, 10:51

You can upload the picture to somewhere like http://www.imageshack.us and post a link, or email it to webmaster at [my name] dot co dot uk (where [my name] is my username - I don't want my email address on here for spambots to pick up).

If you email it to me, I'll upload it to the site so that whoever wants to pick up the project can take it.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Shadowdude

Postby Shadowdude at 06 Mar 2006, 19:35

hey everyone,i have a question about the chaos space marines.
i don't really like the monster-ish looks of the raptors and possessed space marines.so i was wondering wether if it was possible to replace them by skins that i do like,i was thinking about some kind of assault space marines but then for chaos troops.i have a pretty clear idea in my noggin' right now so i'l draw some sketches and scan them.for the possessed space marines i also have an idea in mind.a melee fighting group of space marines sorta.maybe with sword/knife but i don't know wether that'd be possible since they strike the openent with their,erm,"hand"

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 06 Mar 2006, 22:47

Sure thing I can get it to you soon now.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 07 Mar 2006, 09:09

Shadowdude: It would be possible to reskin them, but what you're talking about seems to be remodelling them. Skins are just the texture that goes over the model, all you can do is add and remove faked detail (things that are rendered as if they were 3D but are in the middle of a flat patch) or make parts invisible.

Making the Possessed into Assault Marines may or may not require a mod - I've never looked at using new models online without a mod, so I don't know. Also, I don't have 3DSMax (with a several thousand dollar price tag) so I couldn't help even if it would work without a mod.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Shadowdude

Postby Shadowdude at 07 Mar 2006, 16:10

Sisterhelios:doesn't have to,i don't have the full version for the moment,but i might get it so i asked

IBBoard:ah,so remodelling is the proper term for what i ment?doesn't really matter wether or not it works.if it doesn't,then i'l just use the normal space marines.they're almost the same thing except for some minor details (horns ETC).

thanks for the explanation to both of you.

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 10 Mar 2006, 22:52

IBBored Expect an Emial from Rightrous Fury,the title of the Email is Dawn of War Skinning Idea,sorry I am getting it to you so late :oops:

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 10 Mar 2006, 22:58

Ok I tried to send it to the Email Address you stated and it said its unknown and wont let me send, I added .com to it and said it was to long..Mind sending me an Email then I can stcik the picture in a responce,and then forget the email was ever given to me? :D

Adonis
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

0%

Postby Adonis at 11 Mar 2006, 17:16

SisterHelios wrote:Well my little suggestion for a new skin would go like this:

The arms,starting from the shoulder plates,down to the hands,and feet up to the knee guards can be linked for one color,the torso,helm,the rest of the legs,and back pack can be used for another.
then the eyed arrow and weapon should be as normal for DoWWA,just a small Idea..that I don't know how to work. :D

Sounds kind of cool. I might give it a shot.

Oh, and IBBoard, my Apothecary skin hit over 100 downloads (I'm so happy!). Thanks for the hosting and the tutorials.

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 11 Mar 2006, 17:25

Really? Thanks,Maybe I should send you the Picture insted got a name I can send it to,so you have visual as to what my Misguided word try to say? :D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 11 Mar 2006, 19:16

I don't have the image yet, but when I do I'll forward it on to you, Adonis :) I'm fairly sure I have your email addy somewhere, and if not I can just read it out of the forum database :D

As for the Apoth - you've got far more hits over at DoWFiles, but then they're almost always going to have more visitors than Skins@HWT (although having just re-read the comments, at least the Skins@HWT visitors aren't so dumb/ignorant/obnoxious!) but I'm glad the hosting a tutorials are appreciated :) Any tutorials you can come up with would be great :)

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 11 Mar 2006, 22:57

hmm..well for some reason it didn't work sending it to you,I'll have to post it on a website or something and then post the link,I'll have to deal with that soon ^_^;; sorry for all of this trouble.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 12 Mar 2006, 09:34

No problem - I don't know why it wouldn't send though. Did you get an email bounced back with an error?

I'd recommend somewhere like ImageShack. It puts some adverts on the page, but is otherwise a good site. Better than some of the alternatives.

Adonis
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

0%

Postby Adonis at 12 Mar 2006, 22:48

IBBoard, I'll just go off of what Sister Helios described. I just have to cut and paste the proper portions of the skin into the correct files then recompile. It'll take a little time, but it shouldn't be that hard.

Anyway, if you do get the file she sent, go ahead and forward to me. Let me know if you can't track down my email addy and I'll shoot you a quick email.

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 13 Mar 2006, 02:03

Ok well I finally think I have this I posted the Picture on that site you gave me IBored and this would be the link:

http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... ury7jt.jpg

Cut and Paste and you should have that Image..if not send an Email to CelciaCrystales@aol.com or Righteous Fury@aol.com

I fear no Spam bots for I have Protection! muhaha!
:D

PreviousNext