Suggestions for new skins (16 skins to do)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Suggestions for new skins (16 skins to do)

Postby IBBoard at 23 Oct 2005, 19:18

Good luck with the metalic textures. I know Hangar-8 was helping someone on the Relic forums with it recently. It's all just a case of giving the impression of shine rather than actually making it 'metalic' as such.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MNE_Fletcher

1st post!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby MNE_Fletcher at 24 Oct 2005, 01:12

Hi all, great work.

Just want to request a sking if thats ok....

I downloaded the camo pattern, but i wanna know if you could make me one where only the primary colour 1 is camo. but so that the colour of the helmet can be changed too... without killing the eyes.

cause i want my marines to look like...

with the dark angel-ish green areas camo pattern... could you do this for me please?

thanks,
Ray[/img]

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 Oct 2005, 06:29

Dark Angels Green-ish? is that the main parts of the body? Because neight green is looking Dark Angels-ish on my monitor :D

I'll contact Sandwich about it and either see if he is willing to do it or if he is willing to put his Camo pattern up for butchery by someone else, but I can't promise when.

I've also got another pair of requests from the Relic Forums that I'll add to the list later.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MNE_Fletcher

Postby MNE_Fletcher at 24 Oct 2005, 18:36

thanks a lot, much appreciated.

please keep me informed:) :D 8) :P

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 Oct 2005, 19:51

I'll take that as a "yes" for it being the body that is DA green :D And I actually mean 'neither', not whatever strange concoction of a word I ended up typing!

MNE_Fletcher

Postby MNE_Fletcher at 24 Oct 2005, 20:10

sorry man, to clear up; citadel paint-wise it's Catachan Green.
sorry about that :P :oops:

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 Oct 2005, 21:48

So you want the catachan green body to be camo? :D Anyway, whichever bit it is, it's now on the list and awaiting either my work on it or someone elses :)

MNE_Fletcher

Postby MNE_Fletcher at 24 Oct 2005, 21:48

awesome!

thanks again 8)

... i just had a thought (editing) - what i wouldn't mind also would be a Chaos Lord with a helmet on... (ala http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=COMP0102058&orignav=10)

;)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 25 Oct 2005, 07:14

That'd involve modelling, re-texturing and using the unofficial WHM extractor script to get the original model out of the game (since Relic don't give it to us). It is possible, just nothing along my skill lines :D

I would suggest asking on the Relic Forums, but you're not allowed to post requests in the Mod forums. All I can think is that you go and ask one of the Mod teams directly, someone who is already doing a Chaos-based mod.

MNE_Fletcher

Postby MNE_Fletcher at 30 Oct 2005, 19:30

just as a quick question; do you know if and where i can get a map creator from>/? cheers.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 30 Oct 2005, 22:45

If you're running v1.3 or before then the Relic Mod Tools come with a Mission Editor that is a map editor. Unfortunately they've not released the 1.4/WA Mod Tools yet and the v1.3 Mission Editor isn't compatible with them (it errors and crashes when you start it) so everyone is just waiting for now.

sunray

Postby sunray at 20 Dec 2005, 04:59

Hi,

I'm obviously new around this site. I have been reading a lot of the messages on the forum, and decided that it is a website I will definitely be visiting regularly.

What brought me here was a search for new camo skins for the IG. There are some nice ones already in WA, but there are a number of really good ones that are not. Some of the ones I refer to are shown on the GW website, in the IG section, here:

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/ ... efault.htm

I noticed that your new download section contains a few IG skins already, and I took notice of the number of downloads for these skins. There seems to be a significant demand for them.

I have practically zero programming skills, and was wondering if these new IG camo skins could be made to be selectable schemes from the "army painter"? In other words, an auto install from the download, straight into the "army painter", where they will be selectable for use in-game.

thanks for your time. You are doing a great job on the graphics side of things.

regards

sunray
:) :)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 21 Dec 2005, 20:27

I'm not sure that you could make camo schemes selectable from the in game army painter, but maybe you could setup each type of scheme as a separate race to play with. That may be possible. :)
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

sunray

Postby sunray at 21 Dec 2005, 21:43

MadMaffMan,

Thanks for your reply. I know there is now a skin manager available in the downloads section. Could it be a more realistic (achievable without a lot of work) alternative to utilize that?

As a side note on this issue, I have been playing with the SL mod loaded in WA, and have wished that the SL could be given a camo scheme as well. I saw a couple of photos of an SL model painted in a camo scheme and thought it was excellent.
To give you an idea of what I am talking about, the photos are on this page:

http://www.40k.ca/imperialguard/troops.shtml#fotos - then scroll down to the two "Steel Legion Sergeant by Warpainters" images (back & front). It's the ones with the sergeant holding up the severed Ork head.

Would it be ethical to create a new scheme for troops in a mod, or not? If it is, would someone be interested in creating a camo scheme for the IG troops in the SL mod?

A big ask, I know. But I believe it would really add to the already great graphics of this excellent mod.

regards

sunray
:) :)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 22 Dec 2005, 21:05

I use the skin manager myself. IBBoard did a great job there.

Those are some cool models on that link, and yes the SL trooper does look rather smart in camo. As you would be altering someone else's work from a mod i think you would really need to get permission from the makers of the mod before doing anything. Just incase they dont want it messed about with. :shock:

Also i've no idea how you would get your altered skins into the mod, my programming skills are non-existant. :lol:
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

PreviousNext