Suggestions for new skins (16 skins to do)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Suggestions for new skins (14 skins to do)

Postby IBBoard at 12 Mar 2008, 22:14

There's already a texture (the 4th Edition texture) that has a winged sword, and I thought I remembered one with some kind of laurel iconography on it but I can't remember which. I could be mistaken, though.

If laurels were added then they would have to be flat and painted on the helmet, as nothing you do with a texture can add to a model.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 13 Mar 2008, 06:10

how is sergeants having laurels?

Jaylo101
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

44%

Postby Jaylo101 at 14 Mar 2008, 16:07

I wonder if it would be possible for somebody to make and post 2 team colourable wtp files for the new SS tau "commander_wargear.rsh" and the eldar "eldar_wargear.rsh" files as these are missing wtp files. As i play with all races campaign colours changed this is very annoying and as far as the new eldar wargear texture goes its a right hack job by IronLore as apart from a few changes in the top left of the dds its a basic farseer texture and not a wargear one which results in hardly any visual change in the campaign when you choose the wraithbone armour, no second set of armour spikes or anything!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 14 Mar 2008, 19:32

It seems like quite a bit of the Iron Lore textures are a bit hackish. Hangar-8 has complained on his forums that they've now got over half a dozen texture files for the Force Commander, most of which just duplicate areas of other textures.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Jaylo101
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

44%

Re: Suggestions for new skins (17 skins to do)

Postby Jaylo101 at 14 Mar 2008, 20:57

Not forgetting the fact that the tau commander's new wargear piece the multi tracker is positioned in exactly the same place as the right missile pod, so when you have both, the end of the multi tracker just sticks out the top of the missile pod, completetly unprofessional! Would you be able to make those two wtp files i requested IBBoard?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 14 Mar 2008, 21:00

They're on the list, and I've got a fairly free weekend (the wife is visiting friends) so I'm planning to get some of the knocked off the list. I'll see which ones I can get done, and if not then the list is there for other people to pick up from anyway.

Jaylo101
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

44%

Postby Jaylo101 at 14 Mar 2008, 21:12

Thanks, appreciate it. I just hate not being able to recolour parts of the wargear with your excellent texture tool.

Seaglen
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

90%

Postby Seaglen at 15 Mar 2008, 01:23

I dont mind doing some iron warrior skins Yautja. How tea colourable do you want them? the less team colourable, the more iron warrior details (such as metalic areas/chevrons/bionics) i can do.
will do the marines, maybe a more mechanical aspiring champion, and if i really have nothing better to do i may atempt some vehicles.

on a chaos note, is there anything in the pipeline from hangar 8, as i heard he was doing some better skins for them?

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 15 Mar 2008, 07:35

you mean the fallen eagles? hes not working on them currently

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 15 Mar 2008, 12:01

Yes, Hangar-8 had his Fallen Eagle, but I don't think he has made a proper release of them yet. There are a few Chaos skins on his website, but not the Fallen Angels. He might have a 'beta' copy posted on his forum.

Seaglen: Feel free to start on any of the textures. I whipped up the Scouts last night and will be packaging them today and was looking at doing some Ork textures over the weekend (coz I iz a boy at 'eart ;))

Seaglen
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

90%

Postby Seaglen at 15 Mar 2008, 20:58

I've done a skin for iron warrior chaos marines.
have uploaded it. What do you guys think, as the skin feels incomplete to me.
any comments welcome.
will be working on updating the sister of battle with more detail and a cleaner, crisper look.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Suggestions for new skins (16 skins to do)

Postby IBBoard at 16 Mar 2008, 00:52

They look okay to me. They add a bit of "Iron Warriors" to the texture, but not too much that other textures don't work. The new mask has come out okay considering how it is still just the standard helmet model with a new texture.

I've done one of the minor changes (remove the roll of cloth from the scout) as a WTP. I was considering doing it as a RSH so that it applied in campaigns as well, but I don't have DDS support in Gimp yet and I'm having some problems with the DDS->TGA->DDS process in Linux.

Seaglen
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

90%

Postby Seaglen at 16 Mar 2008, 01:22

on an ork note, ive been playing around with tatoos for some time now, and have come up with some great skins!
unfortuneately, i based the boyz unit files on the checkered (black and white skin, so would need permission before hosting.
have reskinned the entire ork race (well anything thats green and on 2 or 4 legs).
have set eyes to red for all orks/grotz etc, and thus given another tatoo colouration option.

if i could find the checkered ork skin creator and grab permission i would gladly host my reskins of orks/grotz/nobz/squigoths with tatoos on face and arms

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 16 Mar 2008, 01:47

I take it you didn't use my checkered Orks. Probably not, since I made the eyes red anyway (and improved the slugga texture).

I do remember seeing some on DoWFiles a long while ago, but I don't know who made them. It's part of the reason why I ensure people put email addresses in readmes! It also shows why you should find the author and ask permission first :)

Seaglen
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

90%

Postby Seaglen at 16 Mar 2008, 14:03

AHA !!!!

yes it was these skins!

im really sorry if i have offended you by using them!
will of course find out in future.
would it be possible to use them as part of an ork skin pack? i would give full credit to you.
the only changes to your beautiful ork skins are tatoos on the boys arms, and on the nobz face.

again, my appologies for not finding out about permission first.

PreviousNext