Suggestions for new skins (16 skins to do)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Suggestions for new skins (16 skins to do)

Postby IBBoard at 20 Nov 2006, 19:23

Flesh arms and 'monocle' wouldn't really be possible as they're more model changes than skinning changes (you could do the arms, but it'd look terrible and they'd have strange elbows).

Not quite sure which black lines you're talking about though. I didn't notice any while taking the screenshot, although there is a strange line on his head that'll be difficult to get rid of that's caused by the wrapping and overlapping of two bits of texture because of the way they did his helmet.

Whoever does the skin would have to ask Slash's permission to edit his work, and I'm not sure whether he's in the community any more.

Also, a bit of paragraphing in your post might make it a bit more readable ;)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

BeliSidhe

Postby BeliSidhe at 21 Nov 2006, 01:57

oops sorry

ezekeil777

Postby ezekeil777 at 21 Nov 2006, 12:17

hey IBBoard dont worry about doing that golden eagle SM texture i requested iv done it

BeliSidhe

Postby BeliSidhe at 21 Nov 2006, 19:42

Ok I compiled a skin that i like but i have 3 problems that can prolly be fixed easily, but i'm still new to skinning and don't know what actions to take.

Firstly tho i'd like to extend my thanks to the peoples work wich made me strive to atempt to do what I did. I used there skins so i could see what was going on so the skin i made actually compiles the peoples work I used. If i have insulted any of the authors I am sorry but i can't figure out how to contact them.

First i'd like to thank Slash for his Slash's Space Marine skin. I really enjoyed the look of the bald headed marine, Makes me feel like he is a ruffneck who says I don't need no stinkin armor.

Second i'd like to thank Sandwichwarrior for his Camoflauge Pattern i think it is version 2 i used. I really like the permenantly colored wings and skulls.

And last but not least IBBoard and Madmaffman for answering my questions on these forums.

I am going to put some links to the screenies I took but basically the 3 problems are...

1= The badge has vanished on me
2= There is a black line on the side of his head i'd like to get rid of
3= There are some teal blue/green spots on his belt next to the buckle.

If sending you the .wtp will help you please let me know.
Last edited by BeliSidhe on 21 Nov 2006, 21:10, edited 2 times in total.

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 21 Nov 2006, 19:55

The green blobs on the belt buckle are pixel clash, in other words you have those pixels on two or more of the colour layers. You need to find them on the colour layers that they shouldn't be on and remove them. The missing badge could be that you missed the badge layer out when you recomplied the WTP and make sure your using the latest version of IBBoards WTP tool because there was a small problem with the last version and it had trouble with badges. The blob on the head is something caused by the way the model makes up the head from the skin, make sure you copied over all the pixels of the head that you wanted. Looks to me like you may have lost a few when copying of that part of the skin.
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

BeliSidhe

Postby BeliSidhe at 21 Nov 2006, 20:45

Ok thx Maff i fixed everything.

I had texture tool 1.5 thas why badge vanished on me.

All better

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q153 ... itShot.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q153 ... nAngle.jpg

BeliSidhe

Postby BeliSidhe at 21 Nov 2006, 23:15

hehe did Something else to the Skin whatcha think of this.
Calling this the Roughneck Skin hehe

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q153 ... hneck2.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q153 ... hneck1.jpg

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 21 Nov 2006, 23:34

HAHAHAHAHA

Theres no stopping you now. You could give him a pipe and call it the Popeye skin. :wink:
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

BeliSidhe

Postby BeliSidhe at 22 Nov 2006, 02:31

Hmmmm too bad i couldn't add in a Cigar. Thas what i do for work . I work in a Cigar Shop and I know how to roll Cigars. Wonder if IBBoard would like me to submit the skin to the Skins@HWT site ?

BeliSidhe

Postby BeliSidhe at 22 Nov 2006, 04:45

Lol man i'm nuts. I'm working on another combo project. I am going to combine the awesome work done by Ariesatyre with his Tau Camo Skin and Adonis's Custom Badges for Tau. So when i'm done they will have custom badges and Camo . Here is a Pic of the fire warrior i finished the combo on him. Also the Hammerhead Gunship.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q153 ... erhead.jpg
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q153 ... arrior.jpg

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 22 Nov 2006, 08:22

BeliSidhe: It's a little strange, but I guess it could potentially be classed as 'fluffy'. As long as you've got permission from the original authors then I don't see a problem.

ezekeil: If you've got permission from Hangar-8, can you submit it to the site? I'm sure other people would want to use it too (unless you already have between last night and now, because I haven't checked my emails)

Also, I'm guessing no-one is having any other problems with the Texture Tool? Can't remember who, but someone dropped me an email saying compiling TGAs from re-made WTPs wasn't working :\ Probably best to put it in the other thread if you are.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

BeliSidhe

Postby BeliSidhe at 22 Nov 2006, 23:54

IBBoard how do i contact the Authors ? I didnt see e-mail addresses listed on the site ?

BeliSidhe

Postby BeliSidhe at 23 Nov 2006, 03:44

K I finished the Camo/Badge Tau skin and i made another one for the roughnecks. I used IBBoards Clean Space Marine skin as a base and did a few mods to it. I hope you like it IBBoard.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q153 ... ckSide.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q153 ... kFront.jpg

ezekeil777

Postby ezekeil777 at 23 Nov 2006, 06:08

i would do that but.......i had to make redo every skin i had which is from many different authors so it would be a bit hard, i would be much easier if Hanger-8 made his golden eagle vehicle skins then there would only be him i think, yer i need a good skin for the servo do you know a link that works?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 23 Nov 2006, 08:47

BeliSidhe: If they didn't include an email then try tracking them down at the Relic News Forums or through Google (or your favourite search engine). It's always best to ask permission before you start work on something.

Rough-necks aren't my style, though. Normal Marines generally trust their armour and don't go for the 'showing muscles' look. It's good for the people who like it, but I'd rather have normal Marines.

ezekeil: Hangar-8 will be making his Golden Eagle vehicles, he's said so on the Relic News Forums, he just needs to find the time. I'd be really surprised if you'd emailed him and not received a response, as I normally get a response quite quickly (even the first time I ever emailed him)

PreviousNext