Suggestions for new skins (16 skins to do)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

RE: Suggestions for new skins (16 skins to do)

Postby MadMaffMan at 02 Sep 2005, 01:07

Drool drool droollllllll..........

I've seen the pics of the Steel Legion mod and it looks like its had more hard work put into it than Relic put into the whole game. :o
I don't want to get you in trouble so i wont press you for details. But OMG at last the Orkz will rule and kick all you humies. 8)
Roll on the the ork mod.
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

FeWolf

Postby FeWolf at 02 Sep 2005, 02:48

Greetings,
I have "Zero" talent for graphics , but I was wanting to design my own space marines army, I have collect many figures and painted them in the historical American West Calcary, many military unit thru history would roll the blouse "shirt"causing the pants to fade and the blouse to remains it true color. would be nice to have a 2 tone scheme from the upper and lower half, like in the web page below

http://www.defenselink.mil/home/images/ ... 0518b6.jpg

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 02 Sep 2005, 15:20

Yeah, i like the two tone scheme. The Mentor Legion does something similar doesn't it, not sure without checking. :)
I always liked the 7th Cav, guess i watched too many westerns as a kid. The rank markings show up really well, how about bringing back the old style SM rank markings like they had in the Rogue Trader rules book.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 02 Sep 2005, 15:57

Sounds good with the Steel Legion orks - inspiration taken from Armageddon, possibly?

As for the American Cavalry, I wouldn't do it as an "American Cavalry" skin, but a skin where the lower leg is a darker shade of primary than the upper leg might be a good skin - another one on the list :D

As for Mentor Legion, they just have body and backpack one colour and legs another.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 04 Sep 2005, 15:06

I've just looked at the Camo Boyz (adding a screenshot now) and the "camo" is fixed colour camo and very subtle. My idea that I'll hopefully do later is to make it team colourable camo :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 05 Sep 2005, 00:10

This may sound strange me being an Ork, but could i put in a request for a Space Marine skin for my own chapter? :oops:
Its just altering the colour zones for the primary and secondary colours nothing to flash, just enough to make them look different.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 05 Sep 2005, 08:25

Yeah, go for it, can't promise when it'll be done :D a picture would be good too :)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 05 Sep 2005, 22:26

Thanks, well the closest i have found to what i want so far is the excellent Tempered Souls by ShoeMaker. It's very close indeed, so close in fact its frightning. :shock:

The Primary colour is the Bone White areas and the Secondary is the Dark Angels Green, with trim staying as shoulder pad trim and belt. That way i get the buildings looking the way i like them.

Heres a couple of pics taken of the Tempered Souls skin, the changes i would like are as follows:

Helmet all Primary colour.
All of the SM body Secondary colour, front and back.
SM's power backpack same as the pic plus the thermal pods in Secondary colour as well.
All eagles (chest, power pack and bolter) fixed gold colour.....as they should be on any Marine. :P
Eyes fixed Blood Red.
A fixed Blood Red knee pad with a roman numeral IV on it.
Legs and arms to stay the same as the pics.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/ ... ontweb.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/ ... ackweb.jpg

If you get the chance to have a go that would be great but don't stop work on those Grots because i want to see a picture of them all finished.....Orkz rule. :lol:

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 06 Sep 2005, 08:45

One batch is finished and pics added (although you might have seen them already) but I'll try and get a pic of the complete mob once they're done :)
As for the changes, they don't sound too bad, should be simple enough once I have time. I'll have to talk to Hangar-8 about using his Gold Eagles as a basis (I might even wait til his "improved gold eagles with more extra fiddly details added" set is released - I only recently noticed that his current ones have shovels and bits of track on the back door of the Pred!)

Two question though - which knee pad? and can't the eyes and numeral just be eye coloured?

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 06 Sep 2005, 17:10

Hanger-8 is a top bloke, he made me a custom B&B set thats just great. :P
The Golden Eagle vehicles are great as well, i use them all the time now.
The Space Marines right knee if possible and yes the roman numeral and eyes could stay eye coloured, I just thought it may be easier for you. :oops:

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 06 Sep 2005, 20:34

Not a problem. As for the eye colour, eyes are already on the layer and the numeral just needs to be a little area cut out of the knee pad and pasted on to the eye layer. It also makes it more re-usable by other people if it is team colourable :) although possibly not strictly codex *tries to remember* or maybe it is 3rd company whose colour is red.

Now to begin some quick work on the Ork Checks (since we lost the previous version)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 06 Sep 2005, 21:56

Orkz Orkz Orkz Orkz....

Great news, i'll soon have my Goffs stomping those humies into the dust. :twisted:

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 07 Sep 2005, 14:01

OK, the first version is done :) black checks over metal shoulder pads. The Nob keeps the blood on the shoulder pad (a little extra work to get it overlaying, but worth it) and the slugga and shoota ammo is improved (I only just noticed when testing, but the clip on the slugga and shoota was terrible!)

Anyway, Checkered Orks (black checks) is available :) Now to do black and white and then team colourable :)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 07 Sep 2005, 17:28

Waaagh! My prayers have been answered.
Great work.......i'm downloading as we speak, keep up the great work.
Goffs is the only true Orkz :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 07 Sep 2005, 18:37

Black and white checks are now about done (although I'm not sure whether the white is too bright, even after I used a very light grey - I need to recalibrate my new monitor) and I'll release them soon, after I've got the team colourable ones done. My idea at the moment is primary/secondary checks, although I'll have to examine which combinations work best

PreviousNext