IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: [released] IBBoard's skins as playable races

Postby IBBoard at 30 Oct 2005, 22:48

The Halved Marines are now days away from a release for DoW 1.3! The mod is completed and now compresses down to under 17MB thanks to an automated extractor that I wrote. This means that any files I didn't change get extracted and copied from the existing versions on each user's computer :)

Now all I need is a couple of testers with the .Net Framework installed and I'll be able to distribute it properly and move on to the Quartered Marines before installing Winter Assault :)

[edit] Actually, some testers without the .Net Framework would be useful as well, because then I can test that the "this is what to do if you don't have .Net" instructions are OK :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 31 Oct 2005, 12:39

It took about one and a half hours this morning, but I've about got the Quartered Marines working now :) Just as long as you don't want any AI or more than one banner and badge set :D Hopefully I'll be able to fully test them soon and release them both upon the world!
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 01 Nov 2005, 19:54

Update: Quartered Marines will now be coming with AI! Thanks to a bit of help from Danimator, I was able to re-use and convert the HalvedMarine AI for the QuartrMarines mod :)

Testers are still needed - everything seems to run fine (a four-way Insane AI game that built all HQ upgrades, lots of Marines, some Dreadnoughts, Terminators, LP upgrades, Land Raiders and just about anything else managed to get to the end without a crash) but I need it checking to make sure that all upgrades that should be there are actually there :)

Remember, this version needs patch 1.3, not 1.4/WA as they break some of the 1.3 features and it won't work with them.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 06 Nov 2005, 13:38

OK, I have now released both the Halved Marines Mod and Quartered Marines Mod for Dawn of War 1.3.

Dawn of War 1.4 version will be coming soon - as soon as I work out how to use the 1.3 Mod Tools with v1.4 or as soon as Relic release 1.4 Mod Tools. I'll also hopefully be able to make a combined version (so you can play Halved, Quartered and normal in the same game - with AI - as long as you have the two mods) but it's giving me completely non-descript errors. If it can't read a field, then it could at least tell me which field it failed to read!

mel_danes

Postby mel_danes at 08 Nov 2005, 02:45

Yes!!!
Finally the Legion lives!
Gwa, ha, ha....

I have had people asking me if the LotD could be played as a seperate race for ages, alright since they were released in Jan. Now they can. Yes, today is agood day.

Thanks IBB, this proves it can be done in under 2000 GB's. They hexediting method was spiraling out of control size wise. You should see if you extraction script could be used by the mass's. Sounds real useful.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 08 Nov 2005, 12:13

I've already got some bits on the DoW WIKI about the extraction script, and I made a post in the Adeptus Modificatus on Relic Forums asking what features people wanted, but most people seemed to reply with GUI ideas and didn't consider it for keeping file sizes down small :\ The source code will eventually be released on the WIKI, though, along with a simple command line extractor that allows access to the various functions (so people can use a .bat file to extract what they want without having to write a .Net app that uses the extraction library)

And as a for the released races, I've just sent the Halved Marines hot fix to my testers, so even if it isn't balanced yet, the mods will work with DoW v1.4 :)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 12 Nov 2005, 23:34

COOL

You got the mods complete..........great work mate.

I'm away for a week and you go and release them so i have a nice suprise when i log on. :lol:

Are you going to do the mods for WA when they finally release the tools????
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 13 Nov 2005, 10:34

Yeah, I'm hoping to release the 1.4 hotfix (1.3 Halved/Quartered Marines playable in 1.4) in a few days or a week, and then a WA Hotfix to do the same. I'll be away over Christmas for a couple of weeks, but once the Mod Tools and LUAs are out then I'll make full 1.4/WA Halved and Quartered Marines.

Now I just need to find out what differences there are between 1.4 and WA :D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 19 Nov 2005, 11:54

I've now released hotfixes for the two mods that make them compatible with v1.4 :) Check out the Skins@HWT Dawn of War Mods section for downloads and a main menu addition from Malhavok.

Previous