Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

A message from a US Marine

Postby IBBoard at 14 Aug 2005, 11:25

Hi all (Sandwich, Mel_Danes and others),

I just received an email from a US Marine asking for help with changing colour schemes, and he addressed it as if there might be more than one of me running the site, so I'll post the start of it here because it probably applies to the rest of you who have made skins:

> To Whom it may concern,
I would first like to thank you guys for an excellent site. I have downloaded a lot of what you guys have put together. I am sure you get this
question a lot, but is there any type of step by step instruction for
changing the color schemes for the basic newbee? I have read most of what's
out there but all of it assumes that we have experience and while I wish I
had the time to learn all you guys know...alas I do not. ...*snip*... In the mean
time thank you for all your hard work thus far. I have enjoyed watching my
imagination come to life in this game from the table top to the computer
screen.

I've replied to him, but I thought you might like to see what he'd said :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

mel_danes

RE: A message from a US Marine

Postby mel_danes at 16 Aug 2005, 00:54

I assume you pointed him at the tut section? I'm not sure how basic it could be done, an explination would be very involved indeed. Hmm. I gues if it's a simple thing he wants done he could request it.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: A message from a US Marine

Postby IBBoard at 16 Aug 2005, 06:59

I think he's sorted - I told him about the tutorials and tried to explain how to do what he wanted (fixed red stripe on the helmet, so colour it on _default, paint it white on _dirt and then optionally paint it black on whichever teamcolourable layer the item was on) and he hasn't got back to me yet after having mailed back a couple of times over the weekend quickly after I replied to him. He did say he lost track of Sandwich's Skinning For Dummies in places, though, so I'm wondering what could be done in the way of a better tutorial.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)