IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Next Project: Eldar Guardians

Postby IBBoard at 06 Jul 2005, 19:13

Again it isn't as exciting as anything that Mel_Danes or Sandwich do, but I've got my next project lined up now. I've been planning it for a while, but haven't had time to finish off the Quartered Space Marines. Now that they're very nearly complete (and I'm about to move house, so my computer is still set up!) I decided to scan and upload the pic for my next project.....

Codex Eldar Guardians

I know someone (Sandwich I think) did one where the shoulder pads didn't change so it was closer to the Codex Craftworld colours, but I want to go the whole hog and make one that can do both of the colour schemes in the example pic, plus all of the other Craftworld's colour schemes :) Images and WIP will be added when I actually begin work on it!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

mel_danes

RE: Next Project: Eldar Guardians

Postby mel_danes at 07 Jul 2005, 12:53

Great news. The Eldar could use some more skin work. Looking forward to developments.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 07 Jul 2005, 13:17

Yeah, but we've got Sandwich working on the Eldar, so I'm a little out classed :D I think Orks have least work on them so far - from Sir On The Edge's list at least. I did have an idea for the Orks that I worked on very breifly, but I still had the Marines to finish and it wasn't working out.

Hopefully the Eldar should be a little more cooperative when I work on them - especially since I won't be trying to do perfectly geometric things like halving them!
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 13 Jul 2005, 03:35

Sounds like fun with the Eldar,I normally don't play them but I could try it out with the skin you make :o

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 13 Jul 2005, 07:26

The Guardian is quite far done already - couple of hours work yesterday afternoon and almost all of the colours are now correct, I just need to make some changes because of the way they were using the trim layer as a highlight on the edge of the pads. I think the Warlock and other characters probably need doing as well, though, so I've still got a bit of work yet.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 22 Jul 2005, 14:46

The Guardian is now about done, although I might try to do something to improve the armour plating edges at some point. I'll also be doing (not a full list, just what I can remeber) the Farseer, Warlock, Ranger, Bonesinger, probably the Wraithlord and possibly the vehicles :)

mel_danes

Postby mel_danes at 25 Jul 2005, 04:39

Looking forward to this project. On the armour edges, a dirt chipped look will just look wrong on the sleek eldar lines. Thats a tough one.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 25 Jul 2005, 08:13

it's not so much dirt and chipped, it's the fact that the armour was two shades of grey on the different layers - a darker one of what was the trim colour but is now part of the Primary/Secondary colour. Hopefully I'll be able to post screenies later :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 26 Jul 2005, 14:39

OK, I've uploaded the screenies (in Biel Tan and alternate Biel Tan colour schemes so that they match the images I posted):

Codex Biel Tan Guardian
Alternate Codex Biel Tan Guardian

You can see what I meant best around the pn the chest of the alternate colour scheme. Once I get round to fixing that, it'll be released as a Guardian retexture, then I'll possibly add the other ones, depending on demand

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 08 Aug 2005, 10:47

The Eldar Guardian is now available to download. Feedback on it (and whether the areas that were trim still need neatening up) would be great :)

chaos
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Re: Next Project: Eldar Guardians

Postby chaos at 20 Dec 2010, 04:52

IBB i got the skin of the guardian on the first pic

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 20 Dec 2010, 19:34

Good, I hope you liked them. They weren't that difficult to make, but they do add a few more options for which craftworld to make compared to the defaults.

chaos
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby chaos at 21 Dec 2010, 01:35

yeah but the eyes and the gems are permanently red and the body template the upper body is the trim

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 21 Dec 2010, 19:42

It has been ages since I worked on the textures, so I just looked on the download page. It seems like that's just the way that DoW always did it - did you have a particular problem? Unfortunately, there were always limits in a) what you could with the limited number of colour layers that you had to work with and b) what you could do that actually looked good across all of the existing armies.