Skins

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Skins

Postby SisterHelios at 29 Jun 2005, 04:13

I would love to see a New Skin for the Mentor Chapter,or well the style of skin,the first one is ok,but you needed the Breast plate and back plate done aswell as the groin,but its still cool.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Skins

Postby IBBoard at 29 Jun 2005, 07:23

I'll look into it after I've done my quartered Space Marines (I've got two vehicles to convert from halved to quartered plus the Apothecary and Librarian who need their shoulder pads quartering, but that's a nightmare because of the way they stretch the pattern).

Moving to the skinning forum :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Cool

Postby SisterHelios at 29 Jun 2005, 22:23

Alright,I think that'l be cool,but also I can't figure out how to make skins those Mod Tools are beyond me

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 30 Jun 2005, 07:45

You don't need the Relic Mod Tools for skins, just an SGA extractor (kinda like WinZip or a similar achiving program) and the WTP tool, plus an art package :) extract file, decompile file, open and edit file, recompile file (you can't and don't need to put it back i nthe SGA file) and then just run :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 01 Jul 2005, 01:58

O_O;;; Erm...Bless you?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 01 Jul 2005, 06:03

I take it that's a no on understanding the skinning tools :D If you need any help with them, just ask :)

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 01 Jul 2005, 07:31

The link is disabled or something but I am sure if I look hard enough I'll find everything I need

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 01 Jul 2005, 10:09

Disabled? why, what does it say?
And if it is the download link, do you have any firewalls or other software blocking cookies and web page referer details?

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 01 Jul 2005, 22:10

Says page cannot be displaied actually,so I don't know whats wrong,Fire wall is set to allow all of this

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 03 Jul 2005, 22:33

Hmmmmmmmmm, which links are you trying? I just tried to download the WTP tool and got it without a problem :\ Did get an error message on the "View Comments" page, but I've sorted that now :)

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 03 Jul 2005, 22:55

Well sooner or later I'll figure everything out,I have Idea's just tryingf to get them to be a reality is going to take a lot of work,and I was clicking the link thats was in you signature..I hope that was thre right one,if not lookd like I'm a moron lol

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 04 Jul 2005, 06:26

Yeah, it's the right one - kinda. That's our old link still, from the days when we were limited to no files over 400KB on the main site. If you left it for about 5 seconds or clicked the link then it would have gone to the new location :) But now you've pointed it out, I'll do the sensible thing and change it to point to the new location anyway.

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 06 Jul 2005, 03:22

Hey I did something right! Yay!

Vyper76

Postby Vyper76 at 19 Oct 2005, 20:04

Hi, I did download some of the skins from this page and started to do my own. After patch 1.3 I had to see, that there are new kind of files which can't be opened with the tools I have. Now I see, that there are altenativ skins for Winter Assault. So it has to be possible to create new skins if one has installed patch 1.3 or higher, but how one do it. Do I have to get new tools?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 19 Oct 2005, 20:46

There aren't any tools for modding 1.4/WA at the moment, but we do have the tools for skinning that still work. If you can't get the Guard and other WA skins out of the Winter Assault SGA files - I think the Relic SGA Reader throws an error, but I'm still on 1.3 so I'm not sure - then download SpookyRAT (my favourite), or Corsix's SGA tool and use one of those. Either one will do, since they don't care about the location of the SGA and whether it is a DoW file, they just know how to extract the SGA format in a general way.

Hopefully you'll show us some of your work when you get some progress made - if you want to be put into the group that can create topics in this forum, then PM me or post, otherwise I'll wait until you post your first screenies :)