IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Hosting available

Postby IBBoard at 26 Jun 2005, 10:15

Just so that people know (because I think it is hidden in a post somewhere) but Skins@HWT will now accept any canon/fluff-based patterns, either hosting them here (where we don't have banners and popups, unlike certain other sites ;)) or linking to your own hosting of the file.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Hosting available

Postby IBBoard at 22 Jul 2005, 09:28

Just as an update, since I started hosting my Quartered pattern and some of Faction's work, we've had a pick up in the amount downloaded (it probably also helps that we're not pointing to the banner and popup infested DoWFiles any more :) )
We're currently getting over 100 visitors per day (that's excluding AOL visitors, because the stupidity of the AOL system distorts the figures) and yesterday saw over 300MB of bandwidth used (the previous 8 days since the mirroring of files only saw around the 100 to 150MB mark).

So, the site is getting more popular and people are finding it useful (and hopefully liking the lack of adverts). Hopefully I'll get the site better known through posts in the main DoW forum on Relic News and links from other sites (including a recent link exchange with Hangar-8 and his amazing Banners and Badges site)

So if anyone has any ideas, any contributions, any ways they think they could make the site better or any websites that they think would be good as link partners, just PM or email me or even post them in the suggestions forum :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 02 Aug 2005, 08:51

Quick visitors update for those who are interested: 2870 visitors in July (excluding AOL dialup people who are more trouble than they're worth when it comes to stats) averaging over 125 visitors per day in the last week :)
Top bandwidth usage was my Halved, my Quartered, Chainz's Blood Angels, my halved vehicles and Sandwiche's camo attern v2 (which with 201 attempts to download it in the month looks like it could be the top download for count!)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 31 Aug 2005, 11:45

Hit counter (ignoring AOL dial up because they're annoying and screw up the results because AOL do things in non-standard ways) shows an average of 115 visitors per day, log stats will probably show more.

We've also now got 1.2TB of bandwidth (yes, Terrabytes!) and 32GB of disk space (somewhere around there anyway :)) so hosting most things shouldn't be a problem :)

Mirroring of some more of Mel_Danes and Unknowndude's work will be done soon (I have the downloads and some screenshots, just need more screenshots and thumbnails of them)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 31 Aug 2005, 13:54

Well i've been spreading the word about the site to all who will listen.......and some who wouldn't listen. :)
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 01 Sep 2005, 07:39

LOL! Yep, the ones who won't listen are harder, but they'll usually crack in the end :D

But the offer of skin/badge/banner/teamcolour hosting is available to anyone who follows our submission guidelines - just see the Skins@HWT website :) Warhammer hosting is also available, but thats not so important in the DoW forums.

I'll publish any useful articles people have as well :) Bandwidth shouldn't be a problem for a while, and disk space should almost never be a problem :D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 27 Sep 2005, 07:57

Last night (some time after 10pm BST) Skins@HWT hit the "quintuple one" of visitors (excluding AOL dialup). That's 11,111 visitors in just under three months!

Average visitors per day is now running at 170 :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 03 Nov 2005, 18:53

In case people are interested, we are now running at the 270-300 visitors per day level and 12GB of bandwidth usage in October.

Skins@HWT is still looking for contributions and always will be. This is a community site, run for the community, by....well, me, but with contributions from the community :D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 28 Jan 2006, 09:16

I'll update in a few days when we hit February, but we're currently running at over 400 unique visitors per day (not including AOHell). The numbers for the past week are: 406 416 453 449 409 439 492 446

And the bonus ball is....hang on, no, wrong one!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 01 Feb 2006, 13:51

Skins@HWT ended the month with an average of 411 visitors per day (excluding AOL visitors). That is without tweaking the results for the suspiciously low day of only 250 hits. The most visitors in a single day was 492 on the 26th.

That many visitors easily breaks our previous best of around 325 visitors per day for November and December :)

Hopefully we will continue to grow, and with a good supply of files and tutorials, we'll become an even better and more popular site that is a more useful resource for the community!

Also, Happy Birthday Skins@HWT! It isn't until tomorrow, but the site (as in the Skins@HWT site that started on DoWFiles) is one year old! All of the other parts of Hive World Terra have also reached/are reaching various birthdays, but I think I posted about that elsewhere :)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 01 Feb 2006, 17:39

I see the largest number of peeps on at any one time was beaten just recently. Well done. :-)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 01 Feb 2006, 17:54

So it was :) strangely, the same day as we hit most visitors on Skins@HWT :D

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 01 Feb 2006, 18:08

Now there's a coincidence. :wink:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

*sorry could stop myself*

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 02 Mar 2006, 10:52

February saw just short of 12,000 non-AOL Dialup visitors, averaging 427 visitors per day and with over 400 visitors on 23 out of the 28 days :)

Now to see what I can do to make that grow even more!

Total recorded visitors to date (since 29th June 2005) is 65,806! At this rate we may well hit 100,000 visitors in a year.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 09 Apr 2006, 10:13

As of fifteen minutes ago, we hit 79,900 visitors (not including AOL dialup users). Any time soon we should be hitting 80,000 and then it's onwards to 100,000!

Next